PP 0w20 2,000 miles 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I read in the past Toyoda bought some of GMs dumped shares and then Toyota bough some more a coupe years ago - but at that time they were under 20%. Pardon me, I have to go do some searches ....

You are correct. Toyota bought GM's controlling interest and then some. In the Japanese corporate world, one doesn't have to own 51% of the stock to have controlling interest in a company, just enough shares to install your own board members. No doubt about it, Toyota is running the show over at Subaru. Subaru has benefited in a very big way by the Toyota coupling. Toyota has very deep pockets and has pumped a lot of money and technology into Subaru. The results are obvious, Subaru products have improved in a big way over the last 4 years, so have their sales.
BTW, Toyota is now in the process of trying to purchase a controlling interest in Isuzu.

Last edited:
" Toyota 0w-20 has a boatload of moly in it and the numbers on the first UOA are consistent with the numbers I have seen on Toyota 0w-20 UOAs. "

Is the 0w-20 mentioned a conventional , a synthetic blend or full synthetic ? Might get this for the '11 HONDA Fit . Thinking of getting TOYOTA 5w-20 synthetic sometime down the raod for the '08 YARIS . Does this have high moly as well ? How about the moly level for the TOYOTA 5w-20 conventional ? Thanks .

Don't understand the point of this UOA . First off you have a new vehicle and your running a good quality synthetic in it thats good for at least 8K but you change it out at 3K for a UOA. Secondly your going to have alot of wear metals in the oil since it's fairly new. Please explain the point of this UOA.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Don't understand the point of this UOA . First off you have a new vehicle and your running a good quality synthetic in it thats good for at least 8K but you change it out at 3K for a UOA. Secondly your going to have alot of wear metals in the oil since it's fairly new. Please explain the point of this UOA.

Nothing wrong taking an oil analysis on a brand new vehicle. I agree, taking another one at that low mileage is a waste of money, but for some its entertainment.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm with the guys saying the high moly was from the assembly lube.
Thats a good guess (as we tend to do on BITOG) but in my post I stated I talked to the Idemitsu USA rep, and he confirmed the FF is, in fact, moly (and undisclosed other goodies, prob zddp+) fortified - though the OTC stuff we might secure at the dealer parts window does NOT contain mega moly. Thats not saying any additional assembly lube utilised doesnt contain moly too, THOUGH
smile.gif

The Idemitsu rep and I were talking GF-5 Subaru 0w-20 oil and surprisingly the stuff I just bought at the subie dealer was API SM. So, now I dont know 4 sure what the freak is goin on in my oil I just bought.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

The Idemitsu rep and I were talking GF-5 Subaru 0w-20 oil and surprisingly the stuff I just bought at the subie dealer was API SM. So, now I dont know 4 sure what the freak is goin on in my oil I just bought.

How do you know what spec it is? The 5W-30 bottles that I've seen don't show the spec. Does the 0W-20?

edit: n/m. I just saw the pic on the Forester board. I actually emailed SoA on Friday to ask when they're going to go GF-5.

-Dennis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back