GM says bankruptcy excuses it from Impala repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed their stock price is down to $22, from an IOP several months ago of, what $34? That doesn't show much faith in the company by investors.

What? That's not really an excuse.

Want people to buy your cars? Make sure they fix them right. Last I checked, they were still selling Impalas on the lots..

While I might be able to commend GM on many things, this is just sad, showing "old GM" style....

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
I noticed their stock price is down to $22, from an IOP several months ago of, what $34? That doesn't show much faith in the company by investors.

Hard to say with the Dow so bad, and car companies in general taking a bashing....

that's no excuse. so your saying if you bought a 2008 new GM product with the 5 yr/100k warranty, none of those vehicles have a warranty anymore because the car was bought from the "old GM". what a bunch of baloney

That's the mentality that ran "Old GM" into the ground. Looks like it did not change.

If "new GM" is not responsible for repairs , why did it fix cops' Impalas?

GM needs all the cash it can hold to fund the lucrative retiree benefits that weren't dissolved in "bankruptcy".

The government picked the winners and losers on this one. GM's customers up to the point of bankruptcy are the losers as were the debt holders.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Just another reason why I won't buy one.

Same thing here.

Looks like they are following the K-Mart school of business principles.
Another Detroit failure.

Looks like they didn't learn a thing.
Now will the bean counters be able to subtract money from sales that will never happen from the money saved right now by screwing these customers to see if they are getting ahead?
If the new cars on the lot have a bowtie on the back, they better step up here and quit pretending they have nothing to do with "old" Chevrolet.

I don't claim to be a GM fan, but this will definitely send buyers to Ford, Honda, Toyota, VW and etc etc. It's a shame to see an American company give it's customers and loaning members (the American public who paid to bail them out) such a raw deal.

That's what happens when you let them off their most major responsibilities, everything else is easier to fudge on too.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Just another reason why I won't buy one.

Same thing here.

Me too. Never again will I buy a GM or Chrysler. Ever.

The couple of GM's that I've had in the past weren't particularly good vehicles. While that's been some time ago, there are a lot of things like this that lead me to believe that GM hasn't really had a corporate change of heart.

While cars like the Cruze look interesting, I quite frankly don't trust GM to build a long term quality product, nor do I trust them to do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back