GM FF, 13,961 miles, 11 Chevy Cruze

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted on another site I visit.

2011 Chevy Cruze 1.8 NA

The guy said he went down to 0% on the OLM. If this is the new dexos1 ACDelco Syn Blend. Then this is a uber great oil! It hardly used any of the add pack in 14,000 miles!

jFGQj.png

Here is the VOA I did on the ACDelco oil.

ACDelco dexos1 VOA

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Lot of guts to leave a FF in that long!

....or, it's a lease.....

I agree, lots of guts, but I'm sure his vehicle is ok. I don't believe in draining it ridiculously early, but I definitely wouldn't do this either!

Originally Posted By: pbm

....or, it's a lease.....

if you dont care about your lease to the point of doing this, i doubt you'd invest in a UOA

The FF was in my E430 until the FSS (MB oil monitor) was -200 miles (passed 0 by 200 miles). I still have that car as of today, and engine is fine with 2 grades thinner syn oil, currently with XW20 instead of recommended M1 0W40.

couple things here;
why does the [censored] sheet list M1 5-30 as the oil ?
If it was Dexos-how did the Boron go from over 200 to 43?

The guy thought Mobil 1 5W-30 was the FF. I wouldn't think they would put Mobil 1 in the 1.8 Cruze, and ACDelco in the 1.4T?

Whatever oil it was. It did a good job and didn't use up any of the add pack.

x2. I'm also extremely impressed by this interval on the FF and the condition of the oil.

0% oil life @ 14k miles?!
shocked.gif
GM sure is pushing it. Glad it's working out for them, at least with this engine.

Originally Posted By: steve20
couple things here;
why does the [censored] sheet list M1 5-30 as the oil ?
If it was Dexos-how did the Boron go from over 200 to 43?

Boron seems to deplete with use.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'm impressed - 14k on FF, and wear isn't that bad, and oil is still in grade. Wow.

And Dexos1 is essentially conventional oil, now that Pennzoil's joke synthetic blends have been approved for Dexos1.

Originally Posted By: Torrid
What's with all the Pennzoil hate on this board?

Hate? This board loves Pennzoil! Try talking positive about Mobil 1 and see where it goes, LOL!

Here's another 1.8 UOA. This guy went only 6,475 miles and the viscosity is a 20 weight. The TBN is completly gone also.

BlackstoneE57723.png

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
... Whatever oil it was. It did a good job and didn't use up any of the add pack.
Thats an incorrect assumption. The pack is "converted" and ineffective but still in suspension. Only burning will remove the ash. Wheres the TBN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back