08 Ford Fusion 3.0L V6 , Motorcraft 5w20 , 4800mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pleased with this report. Normal driving style is approx 50-50 city-highway. The tail end of this OCI did include a 1400mi round-trip vacation (mainly highway miles) to Southern California. Any doubters to this being an amazing oil for the money? I mean seriously... it doesn't get much better than this. I'm currently running Mobil 1 0w20 AFE because I felt like it at the time, but with these results it may be a one-and-done because it's double the cost for an oil change (and I don't plan on doubling the OCI).

Oil = Motorcraft 5w20 SynBlend (SN)
Oil Filter = Motorcraft FL-820s
Air Filter = Motorcraft for first half + WIX for second

uoa.png

Was this the MC 5w20 (SN GF-5) BLEND ? SORRY....I see my question was answered....It is a SN SynBlend.

If it is.....I will eventually switch over to MC....once my Synthetic stash is used up (I have a 5qt. jug of M-1 & some Valvoline Syn). It seems like this blend is one of the best out there.

Thanks for sharing.......

One other question....is there a reason your using an 0w30 in your Focus? Wouldn't a 5w20 be perfect for your climate (Southern Oregon)?

Last edited:
That is a awesome report!

I was going to sell some 5 quart jugs of the 5W20 Motorcraft SN Blend I have for Mobil 1 but decided now to keep it and use it to the end doing 5-6K OCI'S.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
One other question....is there a reason your using an 0w30 in your Focus? Wouldn't a 5w20 be perfect for your climate (Southern Oregon)?

The engine in my Focus is the older 2.0L SOHC (discontinued around '02ish) which did NOT get the 5w20 backspec as so many others did. Still requires a 30-weight per Ford.

You could have easily run 7.5K on this fill, which would give you your money's worth, plus. If the the usual driving environment doesn't include the freeway miles, I think you are probably still up to 7.5K but it would be safest to check around 5K.

MC is definitely a sleeper oil. But, truthfully, so are a lot of other "regular" oils. We are so fixated on the high end here that many forget there are many very good "Vin Ordinaires" in the oil world that are more cost effective. I think the OP is clued into that.

I'm hoping to get results like this on my Tribute 3.0 when my UOA comes in.....mailed it 3 weeks ago today......just hoping it comes in at this point!

EXCELLENT report! How long was the OCI for?

I'd not worry about the Tin unless it stays consistent for a few UOAs (even then still a low number)

GREAT FP and TBN. No NEED to look any further for an oil IMO. You will NOT do any better.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
EXCELLENT report! How long was the OCI for?

I'd not worry about the Tin unless it stays consistent for a few UOAs (even then still a low number)

GREAT FP and TBN. No NEED to look any further for an oil IMO. You will NOT do any better.

Bill

I agree Bill. I'm sure I'll go back to it after this OCI of mobil 1.

"Normal driving style is approx 50-50 city-highway". Were most trips more than 10 miles ?

Nice UOA report, Motorcraft 5w20 SN in this car and the driving environment in Southern Oregon mild climate can be easily be extended to 7-8k miles. Unless you extend OCI with M1 AFE to 10-12k miles to get your money worth, I would stay with MC 5W20 and do 7-8k miles OCI.

It would be great if you would do a uoa at 4800 of the Mobil oil to see if a 10k would work. Results might be interesting IMHO
Originally Posted By: tig1
Good report, but 10K a OCI is a breeze with 0-20AFE you now are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back