QSUD Questions - dexos approval? HT0-6 Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to find out where it says QSUD is dexos approved. When looking on shells database it had Quaker State Ultimate Durability that met all the other specs but not dexos. There was another Quaker State Ultimate Durability AG and this one was Dexos approved but had no other approvals listed. What is the difference between the AG and regular QSUD? All the QSUD in stores is not the AG oil and the QSUD everyone has been using is not dexos, or am I missing something?

Here are the two different links.

QSUD AG:
http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140003594928_201007071541.pdf

QSUD: http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140003587117_201007020129.pdf

On the back on my new jug it now lists honda HT0-6 approval.

One is the wal mart version?

But seriously, good sleuthing, and welcome to the world of confusing oil specs...

It would be interesting to pose the question directly to QS, and see what they have to say.

Quote:
On the back on my new jug it now lists honda HT0-6 approval.
Really. Have to check that out the next time I'm at Wally. Last time I checked the back of the new SN QSUD jug at Wally saw no Honda HTO-O6 cert. Hasn't made it to their website information.

Yep. Mine has a mfg date of june 23 2011. The new jug also has a new label with the 300000 mile warranty advertisement. This could be the new oil for me. Since I'm lookin at a new f150 with the ecoboost in the future.

I've been using QS synthetic in my big body since I got it. Great oil, but if the price keeps going up i'll have to switch back to PP.

quaker state is always changing names of their oils and is always a little shifty... I started using quaker state when the price on pennzoil went through the roof but i now use what we have in the drums either mobil or conoco phillips and am very happy with them both... They are sn rated and they are cheap.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
According to above - there is regular QSUD and new QSUD AG .

What's up with that???
Both are dated June 2010 so it does appear that there are 2 versions of QSUD??
What does AG stand for??....maybe Johnny will chip in with an answer...

Quote:
Yep. Mine has a mfg date of june 23 2011. The new jug also has a new label with the 300000 mile warranty advertisement.
Hmmm. As far as the Acura/Honda HTO-06 turbo spec goes that will put QSUD on equal footing with PP, which up till now was the least expensive SOPUS synthetic to carry that cert. Interesting.

According to this site PP and QSUD 5w30 are already dexos approved. That was already my understanding anyway. Also QSUD dexos cert shown here .

The Honda HTO-06 cert would be something new added very recently to QSUD though.

No idea what QSUD AG is though. fwiw, the two links date back to June/July 2010.

Quaker State Ultimate Durability is dexos certified whether it says so on the bottle or not. GM says it is on their official list.

Last edited:
On GM's official dexos list it says Quaker State Ultimate Durability; doesn't say anything about an AG version. Maybe Johnny can clarify.

Last edited:
As far as I know the only car the requires that spec at this time is an Acura RDX. I doubt many oil blenders are going to bother with it.

img2367dj.jpg

img2371m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back