GC 0w30 04 Dodge Dakota 4.7 3450 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster and just got my first UOL on my 4.7 dakota. Everything seems to be wearing fine with the GC so far. I have a total of 6,700 miles on this truck.

Aluminum 3
Chromium 2
Iron 20
Copper 3
Lead 1
Tin 0
Moly 11
Nickel 1
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Boron 13
Silicon 9
Sodium 5
Calcium 3006
Magnesium 100
Phosphorus 748
Zinc 948
Barium 0

SUS Viscosity@220 65.8
Flashpoint 365
Fuel 1.0

Well, I'm definitely no expert. I just found it interesting that it appears this oil has thickened up a bit. I beleive a SUS of 65.8 translates to around a 14 cst viscosity. I think the VOA's of this stuff show that it starts out around 12 cst.

Welcome to the forum !

You have great taste in motor oils
smile.gif

Your ending Vi is 11.8 right on par with new oil despite the small amount of fuel . Next one will be much lower iron I'd expect .

Are you going to extend your drain intervals or stick with the factory recommended 3k ?

quote:

Originally posted by mpaque:
Well, I'm definitely no expert. I just found it interesting that it appears this oil has thickened up a bit. I beleive a SUS of 65.8 translates to around a 14 cst viscosity. I think the VOA's of this stuff show that it starts out around 12 cst.

65.8 is right around 11.7 to 11.8, and considering it's his first run with this oil, some of the previous thinner oil was mixed in, so this viscosity looks to be right on target.

quote:

Originally posted by UKCatsfan:
I
I also noticed that the made in Germany 0w30 is no longer available at my Autozone but the made in North America now has the A3 rating. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Thats just what I " along with others " have been waiting to see . A new bottle with the same specs . Means it's here to stay for awhile .

Now I need one of those to send in and see if the additive pack is the same as the german oil.

welcome.gif

Nice to see another Dodge 4.7 owner here! I have a couple UOA`s kicking around. If you do a search you`ll find mine and a couple of others too. The 4.7 seems to wear very well
grin.gif

03 qc 4.7 auto 4x4 28k

I was thinking of extending to 5,000 mile OCI
cheers.gif
. I just can't bring myself to go any further. Next time I will get the TBN and yes it was sent to Blackstone. I also noticed that the made in Germany 0w30 is no longer available at my Autozone but the made in North America now has the A3 rating. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Thanks everyone!!

Viscosity of 65.8 SUS is right where my VOA was for this oil. YZF's VOA showed 66.2.

Looks good, and it's not a bad idea to do shorter oil change intervals while the engine is breaking in.

I think once break-in is complete, you can probably take this oil up to Dodge's maximum oil change interval (5,000 mi? 7,500 mi?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back