No sludge but ya know why not right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish all oil fill holes were this clear on a view of the camshaft!

eprxio.jpg

105s3lh.jpg

357plhj.jpg

Last edited:
My beater with 186k on it and an unknown maintenance history (owned by a 30-something woman) looks very similar.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
I wish all oil fill holes were this clear on a view of the camshaft!

Why?
crazy2.gif

Why not?
lol.gif

Dunno about why it would look like scuffing. I can't imagine a 0w20 would do that to 16,000 mile engine.

HTC Inspire Phone, 8 MP with an LED flash. Came out better than I thought.

Last edited:
[censored] maybe I should start using my phone to take those pics (same phone) because my Canon powershot has difficulty focusing and getting lighting right. Is this the Mazda?

Originally Posted By: Nick R
[censored] maybe I should start using my phone to take those pics (same phone) because my Canon powershot has difficulty focusing and getting lighting right. Is this the Mazda?

Yes sir, I know I am being surprised a lot by the camera. I actually got it as a "kinda" replacement for my point & shoot Kodak.

HD video is a plus as well.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: gomes512
Is that scuffing on the tip of that lobe???

It is running Mobil 1 after all.

35.gif

It's a bomb, not the bomb
wink.gif

Seriously, after how much metal was trapped in my filter with a magnet on the end when I ran Mobil 1, I don't ever want the stuff near my car again.

Try 10K OCIs with the AFE 0-20. Both of my Duratechs look like new, and with an OC this coming week on the Fusion the oil still looks as though it could go several more Ks.

wink.gif

Seriously, after how much metal was trapped in my filter with a magnet on the end when I ran Mobil 1, I don't ever want the stuff near my car again.

?
my feelings exactly, but you didn't notice the condition on the cam lobe---? you've got to be kidding, right

Originally Posted By: gomes512
Is that scuffing on the tip of that lobe???

It is running Mobil 1 after all.

33.gif

wink.gif

So are you saying that Mobil-1 wears out motors at ten times the norm or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back