Adobe flash player 10.3 viewer screen too small!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a HP pavilion p6680t desktop with Win 7 (no service pack) MSE and using up to date IE8 and Chrome.

I notice when viewing SOME flash material on SOME sites that the viewer screen is about 30-40% smaller than it should be.

Sites like youtube work fine...but others like NOAA Doppler looping radar screen is TINY...if you compare it to the snap shot from the composite screen (normal size)

In the NOAA Doppler page it you look on the left side of the screen there is a catagory called "reflectivity" there are two selections to choose from the "compposite " (snap shot -no flash) and the "loop" with flash enabled .

Supposedly some folks on other help forums claim that even though the NOAA site uses flash it also uses java script which might affect the screen size...but when I run the loop I don't see the java icon in the task bar which is what you normally see when java is active on a page you're viewing ..

I checked my old XP system with adobe flash and the flash screen in the noaa doppler site is normal size, but I do have java on that pc..

Any help appreciated.

The Flash area is decided by the web site or page's designers. You can likely take the Flash window full screen; but whatever size it is on the page is the size the code dictated.

Javascript, by the way, has quite literally *zero* to do with Java.

Interesting because it seems to me that both those screen sizes on my other XP system are exactly the same size...while on the Win 7 the viewer is little more than half the size.

Hard to believe they designed it this way as it is very difficult to see what is on the radar, and I have a 23" monitor too.

I have tried to do the crtl+ to zoom out, but only the REST of the page increases in size, not the flash player viewer screen.

Originally Posted By: JoeWGauss
I have tried to do the crtl+ to zoom out, but only the REST of the page increases in size, not the flash player viewer screen.

The reason the Flash presentations don't zoom in and out with everything else is because Flash is not part of your browser - It requires an external plug-in to display it; and that plug-in doesn't work "with" the functions of your browser in this circumstance.

Originally Posted By: JoeWGauss
Interesting because it seems to me that both those screen sizes on my other XP system are exactly the same size...while on the Win 7 the viewer is little more than half the size.

Woah. OK... That *is* weird. Let me try to confirm that I understand what's going on here. Let me know if any of these are incorrect:

Your XP and Win7 systems have the same monitor resolution.
Your XP and Win7 systems use *different* browser versions.
Your XP and Win7 systems do *not* always show Flash media at different sizes.
Whatever discrepancies that exist occur as too small in *both* IE and Chrome on the Win7 machine.

Can you post up here, if you have the time and inclination, of two URL's: one in which your two systems display the Flash identically and one in which the Flash is displayed too small on your Win7 machine? I'll take a look at the code used to embed the Flash objects and try 'er out on as many browsers as I have around here and see what's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back