MOBILFLUID 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all

If anyone can tell me what is the best substitute for Mobilfluid 62. It has a viscosity of 1.5 Engler in 50 degree celsius and is used for power transmission in a Wulfel-Kopp speed variator.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to BITOG. This question might be better in the "hydraulic fluids" forum.

I searched that fluid and found a couple ideas. It looks like it's a SAE 80 GL-4 rated tractor fluid formulated for metal-on-metal clutches. It occurred to me our typical US brands might not be available in your location. What suppliers do you have available?

Stu_Rock Thanks for your Welcome.

Would you give me what you found about Mobilfluid 62, please? My main problem is I can not find anything about it.

I must admit that it is an oil which transfers power by friction between metal-to-metal contacts (driver metal cone-sphere and sphere-driven metal cone) and as I told before it has a low viscosity (about 6.5 cSt at 50 degree celsius.

If u give me the typical US brand names I would be grateful.

Just by looking at the documents that Google found, one vendor recommends the following fluids for Kopp variators:

BP Energol CS 10
Esso Spin Way 10
Shell Vitrea Oil 10

Another vendor (http://www.allspeeds.co.uk/kopp/oil.htm) strongly states that only the following should be used:

Shell Morlina S2 BL
Shell Tellus R10

I heard that Shell has pulled out of your country, but your local suppliers might have some ideas for substitutes. Good luck!

Thank you very much Stu_Rock. The second group seems to fit my need.

But as you said this is just the beginning, now i should seek a way to find the equivalents in Iran (Down with Islamic Government).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back