AutoRX, then and now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've researched AutoRX a bit more thoroughly and from what I can tell, is that from 2005-2007, people were seeing GREAT results, and now in 2011, nobody is seeing any results... what's up with that?!

I've read more recent threads on the success of Kreen. I've never used a Kano product only because I don't have a legitimate credit card, and they wont take debit cards. Really wanted to try Kroil out... Anyway...

Something I don't get is that AutoRX is a new company, relatively speaking, compared to Kroil, which was established in 1939. Why is it that just this past year it's been getting rave reviews???

Just seems a little odd to me is all. BTW I haven't heard of either of these products, AutoRX and Kreen, on any other forum. Heard of Kroil though.

Also gotta mention MMO, has been around for YEARS with consistent results, works well for the money. Already knew that though! lol

Auto RX did a lot for power and blowby in my car, but I have had better cleaning results simply using a quart or two of Red Line in an engine. MMO didn't do near as well as the Red Line either.

Kano Labs the makers of Kreen do very little in terms of marketing products, at least on a retail level. Kroil is big in the shooting community, that's where I first heard of the product. A lot of old timers use their products with great results and honestly I doubt they post here. The product is from a solid well established company, has a great history, and it works! If I had a really sludged up engine and wanted to clean it a little faster than MMO, and not use an engine flush Kreen would be the way to go.

I will be trying Kreen in my gas shortly. OP if I were you and wanted to try any of the Kano products I'd have a friend order it with a credit card for you.

It has been discussed here before that there were posters that were fake. They would post about fantastic results from AutoRx and then disappear after a few months. I bought the product after following a woman's results in a mini van like mine. I saw some cleaning but nothing like I was expecting.

Most debit cards can be used as credit cards.If the card has a Visa or Mastercard symbol on the bottom then i will work,just click visa or mastercard (whatever the symbol on your card is) and put the number of your card in with the exp date etc.

I used ARX multiple times and was lets just say very disappointed.Kreen on the other hand worked much better than all my expectations,i buy the product in bulk now and use it often.
Kano labs as Demarpaint said does not advertise much at all.

ARX works, and can be an excellent product in the right applications. Like anything, it's not a "magic bullet" that will knock out everything. I had good results with it in several different cars. I haven't tried Kroil or Kreen, but I want to.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Most debit cards can be used as credit cards.If the card has a Visa or Mastercard symbol on the bottom then i will work,just click visa or mastercard (whatever the symbol on your card is) and put the number of your card in with the exp date etc.

I used ARX multiple times and was lets just say very disappointed.Kreen on the other hand worked much better than all my expectations,i buy the product in bulk now and use it often.

In what quantity do you buy it? Can I come over and borrow some like a cup of sugar?
smile.gif

Kano is a very old fashioned company. If they really are naturally or they are as a marketing stance, they come off as something you would have seen in the 1950's. They sell only to industrial users (but you can get around that) and they send out newsletters. The newsletter is a 4 pager, with one page of folksy material and 2-3 pages on product info.

They aren't cheap, but their products have been good as far as everything I've used. I'm hoping to have my first Kreen order by the end of the week.

One thing I'll will say, if you have seen Kano Pete in their ads - He's kind of freaky looking!

This forum is big on the "flavor of the month". I don't have any experience with AutoRX so I can't comment directly on that product.

But there is a trend here-let one person post good results with something and (either real or imagined) lots of others will chime in with mountains of excellent results. The product rides a wave for a while, then starts to fall out of favor for another product that suddenly produces magical results.

I've seen it with time and time again with additives and oil brands.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Tried doing that for their Google special, and they declined my card. I got a forward to about 6 other people, which I thought was kind of odd because I have other emails of people who apparently didn't get their order processed.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
This forum is big on the "flavor of the month". I don't have any experience with AutoRX so I can't comment directly on that product.

But there is a trend here-let one person post good results with something and (either real or imagined) lots of others will chime in with mountains of excellent results. The product rides a wave for a while, then starts to fall out of favor for another product that suddenly produces magical results.

Kind of like "As Seen On TV" products!

TBH, one of the best oils I've used in other peoples' cars is Mobil5000. Cheap and kept everything, well, clean! I'm just partial to Royal Purple, so I'm preparing by Z for that... Anyway...

In that regard, for the flavor of the month, I think it's the long time standing products like MMO that should be acknowledged for persevering throughout all the fads, but I rarely use it. I Did run it in the previous oil change simply because I had about 3 bucks to spare and was at wal mart buying oil, and figured it couldnt hurt to run for about 10 miles to home and then change it out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sciphi
ARX works, and can be an excellent product in the right applications. Like anything, it's not a "magic bullet" that will knock out everything. I had good results with it in several different cars. I haven't tried Kroil or Kreen, but I want to.

I think the basics of ARX works for most, but the FANTASTIC cleanings, are variable. Could be the types of oil used, how the engine runs the oil, shoot even the air filter/oil filter types!

Something as strong as Kreen seems to break up anything/everything, which is why you shouldnt drive with it, but it will work regardless.

I just got my order of AutoRX, so I've got a 9K mile experiment for myself to complete. The previous owners always used Castrol GTX, so I'm expecting the engine to be fairly sludge free already. Seeing that it's an old car, 1990, I would like to see some compression raises. I'm awful at recording data on paper though, so please excuse my "butt dyno" observations!

Last edited:

You are correct about the fads that come and go on BITOG. Being later to the party and reading older posts when searching for info I seen many.

German Castrol - seems to be fading now.
German Castrol Green - people searching the back shelf of Autozone looking for 5 year oil.
MMO - might not be a fad or at least a longer one
Seafoam - again might not be a fad
Auto RX- seems about over.

Numerous oil love/hate groups - All products are great! / This product sucks! Everyone spouts the marketing of their favorite oil. 40% more cleaning from Ultra etc. I'm amazed at how some hate Valvaloine, but in the next breath Maxlife is the best.

In the end - if it works for you and you are happy, that's all the matters.

Originally Posted By: Letter_K

You are correct about the fads that come and go on BITOG. Being later to the party and reading older posts when searching for info I seen many.

German Castrol - seems to be fading now.
German Castrol Green - people searching the back shelf of Autozone looking for 5 year oil.
MMO - might not be a fad or at least a longer one
Seafoam - again might not be a fad
Auto RX- seems about over.

Numerous oil love/hate groups - All products are great! / This product sucks! Everyone spouts the marketing of their favorite oil. 40% more cleaning from Ultra etc. I'm amazed at how some hate Valvaloine, but in the next breath Maxlife is the best.

In the end - if it works for you and you are happy, that's all the matters.

Yep, that's true!

Side note, we sea foamed 4 cars yesterday, ALL ran/idled significantly better than before... but they also blew out enough carbon between the four that it looked like a house was on fire, LOL!

Quote:
Something as strong as Kreen seems to break up anything/everything, which is why you shouldnt drive with it, but it will work regardless.

Who said you shouldn't drive with it? Not Kano Labs,they say just the opposite.
The accumulated miles on all the cars i have put this in (including my own) is in the tens of thousands now without any issues whatsoever.

Vikas from what Kano told me Kreen is just a derivative of Kroil so i has been around in one form or another for a very long time.

Letter K
The last order was 5 gallons,i have a few qts left then i will order 5 more.

Really? I am surprised that until you discovered it, there was nary a mention of it in this forum.

- Vikas

I had fantastic results with RX on my vehicle that was pinging and had a lifter tick at 4K rpm. Identical vehicle that my Daughter had, and RXing hers you could not tell a difference. But it had no problems.

i have good luck with kreen for cleaning(i bought it with a debit card)

i want to try ARX bad but i just cant get myself to pay 27 bucks for it. i dont expect it to be amazing im just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back