7-11 brand oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the local 7-11 convenience store and was surprised to see that they had their own brand engine oil in several grades, along with PSF and ATF and probably some other fluids. The oils were SN rated, but I didn't look on the bottom of the bottle for any telltale markings. There was no price listed for any of these fluids (unless I'm blind). Anybody know who makes this oil? Of course unless it's dirt cheap I'd probably avoid it.

These oils still have to meet the scecification of the API. They are really intended for the traveler to...Come in for gas, check the oil/fluids/tire PSI, stop in for snacks/food, coffee/smokes. And if the traveler is a qt or more low on oil or other fluids, they can top off. They're not intended to buy up a case of the stuff and keep as part of your oil stash. Of course, unless the price is a steal!

I'm sure the oil and other fluids are just fine though!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
These oils still have to meet the scecification of the API. They are really intended for the traveler to...Come in for gas, check the oil/fluids/tire PSI, stop in for snacks/food, coffee/smokes. And if the traveler is a qt or more low on oil or other fluids, they can top off. They're not intended to buy up a case of the stuff and keep as part of your oil stash. Of course, unless the price is a steal!

I agree wholeheartedly. Next time I'm in the convenience store I will see how much the oil costs. I strongly doubt it'd be under $2/qt but if it is, hmm...

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

I agree wholeheartedly. Next time I'm in the convenience store I will see how much the oil costs. I strongly doubt it'd be under $2/qt but if it is, hmm...

Yeah really, Hmmm!

I doubt too that it'd be ~$2/qt. But for now, the best deals I'm finding it the 5qts major brand oil w/filter(often Puro Classic) for $12.99-$13.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back