Who makes the AC Delco......

Status
Not open for further replies.
oil filters from Walmart? Specifically a PF47E for a 3.8L and are these AC Delco a decent filter or should I just get a P1 and be done?

Last edited:
AC Delco oil filters are currently made by Champion Labs using their E-Core design.. Wix was making them for a while prior.

Originally Posted By: volk06
So stay away from the Pf47E and find a regular PF47?

^^Exactly! You`ll probably have to go to an auto parts chain to get the good AC Delco. Although I bought one for my gf`s Olds at Walmart. I just reached and got the one from the very back. It was the last good one they had :^) That`s the same filter her car uses,the PF47.

Last edited:
i went to a gm dealer we don't usually deal with a few weeks ago and when i asked the parts guy gave me a kooky look and pretended he knew nothing about a/c changing to e cores,,,i love stealerships they are the ones i can thank for getting most of my business from... there are not too many people that trust them

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i went to a gm dealer we don't usually deal with a few weeks ago and when i asked the parts guy gave me a kooky look and pretended he knew nothing about a/c changing to e cores,,,i love stealerships they are the ones i can thank for getting most of my business from... there are not too many people that trust them
You gotta realize, just because they are a "dealer" doesn't mean they known anything about oil, and/or the filters that filter the oil.

Same instance with a "lube tech" trying to tell me to get some "new oil" analyzed, rather than the "old oil" that had been sitting in my cars crankcase for 2+ years (rarely, if ever driven in that 2 yrs....). I explained the oil analysis deal to him and finally he "sorta" understood (or just pretended really good) what I was talking about....I asked him to catch a sample of the oil as it was draining and he was like why would you want a sample of old oil? Wouldn't you want a sample of "new" oil that you "knew" about? etc....and I had to explain to him, the circumstances, I just purchased the car, with no maintenance history, and was curious how the oil analysis would turn up, then I grabbed the little Blackstone insert out of my glove box and showed him and I think I perked his interest a little bit.....he seemed really interested anyways.

He claimed to be "ASE Certified" even....one of those little shack-size "Pennzoil" quick lube stations, last one left, probably in our whole county....hehe.

Apologies in advance for asking a question that has probably been discussed before, but what is unattractive about the e-core filters?
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Apologies in advance for asking a question that has probably been discussed before, but what is unattractive about the e-core filters?
confused.gif

Do a search for ecore media blowout.

All the AC Delco E-Cores I have used on a 3800 worked fine. IMHO, the E-Core blowout has been blown out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back