syringe for grease

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

I need to put some silicone grease under some bushings on my car. I do not have a cartridge to use a grease gun, just a small tube. I think a syringe would work well to get between the bushing and metal parts, and allow me to inject some grease.

Any ideas what to use to do this? Would also consider silicone oil since that maybe easier to inject.

Thanks!

Well, I usually use the spray, but when I needed pointy little syringe for drawing oil samples, I went to the Walgreens pharmacy counter and asked for an infant medicine syringe and they gave me a couple for free.
These have a good pointy little plastic noze without a needle.

Tractor supply or a similar hardware store will have better syringes for this type of application. Also you can get a choice of needles some really big ones.. I use this setup to oil my lathe ball oilers. Also cut the needle (you may not have to do this) off flat so it will not be a safety hazard, and if you leave the lance/sharp end on it will hinder you from getting to the place you want to apply the grease/oil.

Hobby stores often sell these, too.
Look in the build-it-yourself radio control airplane/boat stuff, near the balsa wood.

I actually saw these in Pepboys the other day...they were over near the fuel filters in this particular store, and there were at least two different ones.

Originally Posted By: Alice
I need to know how to grease struts on a 1989 toyota corolla

Struts don't get greased.
What are you tying to accomplish?

Originally Posted By: Alice
I need to know how to grease struts on a 1989 toyota corolla

Hi Alice,

While Rix is partially correct the struts can be dissassembled
and the Frt Strut bearing can be lubricated, (FRT)

Now just guessing but if your having some clunk, leakage or poor handling these struts are just plain worn out,

And greasing the Turn plate, or Strut bearing, bushing will require dissassembly , so replacement is advisable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back