2009 Fusion, Schaeffer S7000 5W20, 1300 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
24,900 on engine. 6 months on the oil. Pureone oil filter. I didnt intend to go this long, I had forgotten about it and didnt think it was in there that long.. I think Im going to have to do an OCI of maybe 3 months time based because of the fuel dilute.

I think the sodium is residual from whatever oil was in there.

BSLabs
Iron 27
Copper 7
Tin 0
Lead 2
Chromium 1
Nickel 1
Aluminium 5
Titanium 0
Silver 0

Calcium 1425
Magnesium 33
Zinc 634
Phosphorous 628
Barium 0
Molybedenum 237

Silicon 12
Sodium 47
Boron 16
Potassium 0

V100C 5.8
Flash 250F
Fuel 5.3
Antifreeze ?
Water 0.0
Insolubles 0.3
TBN 2.5

1,300 miles on the oil? That analysis doesn't look all that great for just 1,300 miles. Did you mean 13,000 miles?

And wow: that's a ton of fuel in the oil. Did you change the oil nice and hot or was it after a cold start?

No, one three zero zero miles on the oil.
I believe it was just started and run long enough to turn it around and put it on stands.

Im thinking seriously of going 5w30 on the next run. It has 5w20 platinium but I think Ill 5w30 next time to counteract the amount of fuel.. Any thoughts?

It never gets warm, thats what is up. It is basically the same usage as mine except without the benefit of weekly runs with the purpose of getting it hot. Even with that though I barely get double the OCI.

V6 or a 4?
Do you get decent performance/economy with this car?
I guess what I'm trying to determine is if the car is the issue or the service interval/ testing style is the problem.

Schaeffer's 30-weight products seem to do really, really well in all application they are put in. But the 5W-20 product seems to fall flat on it's face - I have yet to see good results with Schaeffer 5W-20.

???

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Schaeffer's 30-weight products seem to do really, really well in all application they are put in. But the 5W-20 product seems to fall flat on it's face - I have yet to see good results with Schaeffer 5W-20.

???

I had Schaeffer 30 weight drop to a 20 in 5k miles. Both 7k and 9k offerings. It does NOT handle fuel dilution well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back