GET G Oil (Street) 5w30 SM VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the VOA of the street version of GET G Oil 5w30, hot off the press.

Props to Blackstone, they got this VOA sample TODAY and ran it same day.
cheers3.gif

COMMENTS (Blackstone):
This sample of virgin oil had a nice, solid TBN at 7.9. After you put the oil in use, the TBN will drop sharply and then level out and drop more slowly from then on. We consider a TBN reading of 1.0 to be too low. The viscosity was in the normal range for a 5W/30. No moisture was found, nor did any insolubles (solids) turn up. Boron, calcium (the dominant additive), and magnesium are all detergent/dispersant additives.
Phosphorus and zinc are anti-wear additives. This oil should serve your engines well.

Code:
Oil GET G Oil 5w30 (Street version)

Lab Blackstone Laboratories

Mfr. Date Code Jan-2011

Universal

Sample Date 04/07/11 Averages

ALUMINUM 0 0

CHROMIUM 0 0

IRON 1 1

COPPER 0 0

LEAD 0 2

TIN 0 0

MOLYBDENUM 56 58

NICKEL 0 0

MANGANESE 0 0

SILVER 1 0

TITANIUM 0 0

POTASSIUM 0 1

BORON 184 60

SILICON 4 5

SODIUM 2 35

CALCIUM 1682 1812

MAGNESIUM 8 58

PHOSPHORUS 589 615

ZINC 722 749

BARIUM 0 0

Values

Should Be

SUS Viscosity @ 210F 59.4 57-65

cSt Viscosity @ 100C 10.04 9.4-11.9

Flashpoint in F 400 >395

Fuel % -
Antifreeze % - 0.0

Water % 0.0
Insolubles % 0.0
TBN 7.9

muipgh.jpg

Thank you for sharing the info with us.

Nothing really surprising here in either a good or a bad way.

Of course, this report didn't test for nanotechnology! If it's got nanotechnology, you know it has to be good.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Snacks
Thanks for sharing Oilnerd.

Low flash for an "ester," or any syn for that matter. I wouldn't use it in a turbo application.

Per the other VOIA's listed, Redline 5w-30's flash is 385 and Rotella T 5w-40 is 410.

Decent Moly and Boron.

Not impressed with Calcium, avg TBN.

Would not be something I would run with a long OCI.

What is the price comparison to other oils?

**Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AlienBug
Originally Posted By: Snacks
Thanks for sharing Oilnerd.

Low flash for an "ester," or any syn for that matter. I wouldn't use it in a turbo application.

Per the other VOIA's listed, Redline 5w-30's flash is 385 and Rotella T 5w-40 is 410.

Per the Redline, that 385 is wrong, by about -100F.
Per the Rotella, mainly a GRPIII if I recall, not an "ester."

Originally Posted By: stubbakatt
Per the MSDS of G Oil, the flash is 433 F and pour point is -45 F.

I would go by this more so than Blackstones reading.

I think I'll give this a try, although I should get it by the 15th!

Thanks very much for posting this!

It has a pretty 'standard' add-pack - low moly, high boron, average Ca. and TBN around 8.

I actually thought it would be formulated like Redline, and loaded with stuff.

Still, it's definetly solid, and I'd run it, if I could find it!

I inquired to the company about NOACK and fuel dilution. They checked with their chemist, who they said was/is the PhD that formulated the oil.

His response was the NOACK is 6.2% (5W30 - only available grade anyway). And he doesn't expect fuel dilution. I don't know if they sent him my exact question about that since I asked specifically how it handes fuel dilution from DI engines, and those will always have some, so how the oil handles it is of importance.

All in all, based on the NOACK and this VOA, seems like a worthy product. For me to buy it without a rebate it would need to be priced at $20/5qt or less, though.

I'm about 500 miles away from an OCI in my 09 Vibe. I'm running 10k oci. is this a 10k oci oil? I may pick up a jug of this stuff today at WM since a rebate is involved.

OilNerd, thanks for this VOA...A nice treat for all of us here.

None of the 3 W*M's in my area are carrying the 5qt jugs required for the Rebate(only the qts bottles) so I wasn't able to take advantage of this deal. I really wanted to try this oil as I'm sure anyone would! Any oil FAR is good!

Still can't find this oil, I was looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Are there people still buying this or is G-oil doomed?!

-Not an Enviro-snob, just like the fact that its not foreign oil.

I just bought some from Walmart with a $16 rebate. Was a bit hard to find, not on the shelf but was available for 'in store pickup'.

If you're having trouble finding this you can (1) ask at your local Walmart auto dept (they may not have it stocked with the other oil brands) or (2) go to Walmart.com and do a search for G-0il in the 5-qt size. Then do a "find in store" to see if any local stores in your area carry it. If not (some Walmarts don't), you can special order it via Walmart.com and they will ship it to your local Walmart and you can pick it up at the same price (which should be exactly $26, plus tax).

Their latest $16 rebate just ended Jan 31st, but they may do another one in a few weeks. At some point they'll need to start making some money on this stuff, or else go bankrupt, but on the other hand there is still a need to get the word out into the public, and rebates are a great way to get folks to try it.

If you don't do your own oil changes but want to try it, Walmart's quik-lube will do it for you using G-Oil. Sometimes there is a rebate for this also, on the GET website (under "promotions").

Ken_W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back