Subaru 0w20 Oil for 2011 Honda Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find a VOA on this oil. I'm thinking about ordering a gallon of it from my local Subaru dealer. It's only $24. I only know that it's 100% made by Idemitsu.

Would all 0w20 oils contain high moly? This oil isn't geared toward a hybrid engine, it's for the new FB25 engine in the new 2011 Forrester.

494bea3640463872008d5a914ee967fc.jpg

Last edited:
I would use it ONLY if it meets the HONDA specs on the oil container both in Grade & Viscosity. Warranty fine print can cause issues if you deviate.

It's 0w20 and since Honda can't prove in writing that using a non-Honda oil voids their warranty I'd run it & be happy.

Our Acura (Honda) at home requires no such special material specs or requirements, beyong the oil having the correct grade and the API certification. As long as Subaru's 0W-20 is API-certified (and I don't know if it is or isn't), and the Honda calls for 0W-20, it should be just fine.

OP, verify in your owner's manual that you can use any API-certified 0W-20, and check that Subaru's product is API-certified. If it's not, I probably wouldn't use it.

Well I finally went to my local Subaru dealer to get some of this oil. They didn't have the gallon size jugs, only the quarts. I like how Idemitsu put it's logo on the back bottom. It just reassures you that it's an 100% Idemitsu product, which are good. I took 2 pictures. Enjoy
grin.gif

Does anyone know what is the significance of the Red Lady Idemitsu logo? She looks evil.

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Idemitsu-logo-24A9DF206C-seeklogo.com.gif

Originally Posted By: Shar
Would all 0w20 oils contain high moly?

No. If you look at my PP 0w-20 UOAs here on BITOG, you will see that PP 0w-20 is not high in moly.

-Bryan

$7.49 I'm sure I can get it cheaper elsewhere. I just have to go to other dealers in my area. www.subarugenuineparts.com sells it for $6.31 per qt and 24.61 for the 4qt jug. Just go to parts search and select Subaru as the make and copy and paste

SOA868V9300 (1qt)
SOA868V9305 (1gal)

Hope this helps you all

And those of you interested in 5w30 versions. It's also made by Idemitsu.

SOA868V9285 (1gal)
SOA868V9280 (1qt)

8ba43c6d40463872011a931077d881ef.jpg

It does not look like it's API-certified. I'm not sure I'd use it in a vehicle that calls for an API-certified oil. I wonder what Subaru's own owner's manuals say. Does Subaru call for an API-certified oil in their vehicles?

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
By the way, how do you pronounce Idemitsu? eye-dem-IT-soo?

ee day mitsu

!From the onwer's manual

Non-turbo models
Oil grade SAE viscosity No. and
applicable temperature Engine oil capacity
API classification SM or SN with
the words
“ENERGY CONSERVING” or
“RESOURCE CONSERVING”
or
ILSAC GF-4 or GF-5, which can
be identified with the ILSAC
certification mark (Starburst
mark)
0W-20 synthetic oil is the required oil
for optimum engine performance and
protection. Conventional oil may be
used if synthetic oil is unavailable.
*: If 0W-20 synthetic oil is not available,
5W-30 or 5W-40 conventional oil may
be used if replenishment is needed but
should be changed to 0W-20 synthetic
oil at the next oil change.

Originally Posted By: Shar
I can't seem to find a VOA on this oil. I'm thinking about ordering a gallon of it from my local Subaru dealer. It's only $24. I only know that it's 100% made by Idemitsu.

Would all 0w20 oils contain high moly? This oil isn't geared toward a hybrid engine, it's for the new FB25 engine in the new 2011 Forrester.

494bea3640463872008d5a914ee967fc.jpg

You can get Honda 0w-20 for less, Handa-accessories has it online for 3.98 a quart (about $3.50 a quart by the case). Plus it meets Honda's specs as you might expect.

Originally Posted By: cavitating
!From the onwer's manual

Non-turbo models
Oil grade SAE viscosity No. and
applicable temperature Engine oil capacity
API classification SM or SN with
the words
“ENERGY CONSERVING” or
“RESOURCE CONSERVING”
or
ILSAC GF-4 or GF-5, which can
be identified with the ILSAC
certification mark (Starburst
mark)
0W-20 synthetic oil is the required oil
for optimum engine performance and
protection. Conventional oil may be
used if synthetic oil is unavailable.
*: If 0W-20 synthetic oil is not available,
5W-30 or 5W-40 conventional oil may
be used if replenishment is needed but
should be changed to 0W-20 synthetic
oil at the next oil change.

I dont know what manual that is, its not for 2011 Accord thats for sure.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
It does not look like it's API-certified. I'm not sure I'd use it in a vehicle that calls for an API-certified oil. I wonder what Subaru's own owner's manuals say. Does Subaru call for an API-certified oil in their vehicles?

Subaru Forester 2011 Owner's Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back