Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax & Detailer review

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1444_542x640_.jpg

I'm pretty pumped about these two products. The picture above speaks for itself!

On Saturday (5 days ago) I washed the Nitro with TW ZipWax and then used Meg's UQW with awesome results - paint looked deep, glossy and wet. It hide minor swirls and scratches...pretty much everything you expect out of a wax, but with the UQW it took maybe 15-20 min to do the Nitro, and I was moving slow, enjoying one of our first nice spring days. Of course, it rains the next day, but it gave me a chance to see how the UQW actually does protecting. It beaded water awesome!
Next couple days we had some light snow, etc....you get the picture, my nice clean Nitro was no more. Well today I break out the UQD and went to work. I was thinking to myself, this thing is way to dirty for any detailer.....I was mistaken! the UQD removed everything and left this awesome deep, glossy and wet look once again!

Sorry for my hand in the picture but the bottles would not stand still on the hood due to how smooth the finish was after using the UQD

10 out of 10 from me on both products!

It's been experience with Mequiar's protectants that they just don't last very long. I've found products like Duragloss, Zaino, and Klasse last much longer.

Originally Posted By: grampi
It's been experience with Mequiar's protectants that they just don't last very long. I've found products like Duragloss, Zaino, and Klasse last much longer.

For quik clean up and detail these are great products, I use both and get X-cellent results, for price and avaiability they are the BEST
thumbsup2.gif

Cool - I have to say, that has been my experience too. Wife's PT Cruiser is Inferno red and it really glows (car, not wife) going down the street. I used the Tech Wax 2.0, Quick Detailer adn when I want serious shine, the Ultimate Detailer. All for half price of Zaino. I can't be paying $9.95 S/H for a $12 item. So far, no trade-off in durability. And I can go to WalMart to get it. Heck, they even cut the UD price recently.

My suster uses Meguirs and lives in Syracuse (salt, salt, salt!) and says it has worked fine. Here in NC I see no difference in performance Zaino to Meguiar's. Sure a lot easier to put on too.

In spite of the name Quik Wax contains no wax at all. It is a sealant and all synthetic. I also think it is one excellent product and it lasts longer than I expected it to. Haven't used the Quik Detailer yet.

Hmmm, that is interesting. I may pick up some of the Quik Wax. Always wondered how that would perform. Sounds like it is good. I tried using the Quik Detailer followed by the Ultimate Detailer yesterday. Now that was slick and a deep gloss. Maybe I will try adding the Quik Wax to that mix.

For washing, I never have to use suds here in Charlotte. I just use my micro fiber wash mitt and clean, warm water.

I probably user either the Quick Detailer and/or Ultiamte Detailer a dozen times per month. I am sick and need help....

i agree with grampi i use duragloss "fast clean and shine" its duragloss's quick detailer...their total performance polish lasts for a year!! and in between i use after a car wash aqua wax after the rinse...and then in between washes i use the fast clean and shine.

To OP and others who have used these products:

I washed my car about a month ago (DID NOT WAX), and now it's slightly dirty again (just dust/rain etc)...

wonder if I can get it clean enough with this UQD to use some UQW ?

Probably, but my experience doing that when on the Zaino program was horror at how much dirt actually accumulated over time, when I went to really wax it. I THOUGHT the QD was handling it but it was not. I would just try a wet wash mit, THEN the detailer.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
To OP and others who have used these products:

I washed my car about a month ago (DID NOT WAX), and now it's slightly dirty again (just dust/rain etc)...

wonder if I can get it clean enough with this UQD to use some UQW ?

I say go for it. If it's just dust and water marks, UQD will handle it great. More than that and you will want to give it a bath. But I was surprised at how well the UQD worked as I was leaning towards a wash, but wanted to give the UQD a good test and I was really pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SplashnGo

My suster uses Meguirs and lives in Syracuse (salt, salt, salt!) and says it has worked fine. Here in NC I see no difference in performance Zaino to Meguiar's. Sure a lot easier to put on too.

You clearly have not used Zaino, or you wouldn't say that. There's absolutely no comparison between the two...

I know many, many people that share the same results your sister found, some people like the look of Zaino, I myself can find the same look and durability at a much cheaper price, just like your "suster" found out. And I used to use Zaino almost exclusively.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie

I know many, many people that share the same results your sister found, some people like the look of Zaino, I myself can find the same look and durability at a much cheaper price, just like your "suster" found out. And I used to use Zaino almost exclusively.

Please share what these amazing products are.

Last edited:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
06.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
06.gif

That stuff is in the same class as Kit wax and the original Turtle paste wax. It doesn't compare with products from Duragloss, Zaino, or Klasse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back