For all of you Liqui-Moly fans, good vdeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have already contacted the distributor,and unless he's lieing to me,yes you can order ANY oil that liqui-moly makes,but they're not going to sell you small quantities(like for one or two OCI),but they will sell you something like a pallet.that's alot of oil.if i sold liqui-moly oil,i would not mind,but i don't.

....and for anyone who doesn't understand what we're talking about here,...the german version of 5w-40 has a different part number than the north american version.i already covered this on a previous thread/post.

i believe the german version 5w-40 is a true grp IV/V oil and actually one of the very best 5w-40 oils out there,PERIOD.(especially for extended drain street cars and even street/strip applications,depending)

European oil are always above the American cut of specs.

They demand it be that way BillyBob doing an oil change in the drive don't

I wrote the east coast operation to ask about the products, and mentioned the video made me want to use their products if it fit the bill. Well he forwarded it to Herr Prost and Herr Prost sent me an email.

Now that is a good way to do business.

My hat goes off to Herr Prost and the Liqui-Moly company. Now there is a guy who cares about his employees, products, company, community and customers. I will definitely support a company like this! I picked up some of their oil from a NAPA store in Daly City, CA a few days ago.
Mike

I ordered a case of their Moly Additive from Napa. So far my car seems to like it. Does turn the oil a funky greyish yellow hue though.

Originally Posted By: zoomzoom
advance auto parts also has their oil

hm they also have ceramic oil additive:
ceratec

here is video:
ceratec video

I had a co-worker who swore by this stuff in his Audi A6 3.0. He said it made the engine run better. I dismissed it as snake oil. I will have to give it another look now, because of the video. Very impressive. I'd rather give my money to these guys than a hack n' slash zaibatsu megaconglomerate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: priler
#3-they would bring over here there synthoil longtime 0w-30(same one they sell in germany),instead of just selling there 5w-30 over here.

That's the current fill in my Grand Marquis - excellent oil! Of all the oils I've tried, the 4.6 runs very quiet on Synthoil LT.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I ordered a case of their Moly Additive from Napa. So far my car seems to like it. Does turn the oil a funky greyish yellow hue though.

The oil will look gray.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I am very impressed! Where does one buy their products?
NAPA STORES HAVE IT, 45 dollars for 5 qts

I emailed Liqui-Moly through their German site. Here was my email to them.

"Hello I own a 2010 VW GTI 2.0T. I'm looking for the best oil for this Direct Injection engine. Why does the USA Lubro Moly 5W-40 Synthoil 5W-40 have different specs then the Liqui Moly Synthoil 5W-40 that Europe gets? They have different viscosities, Flash points, and Pour points. Is the Lubro Moly 5W-40 that the USA gets (part number 2040) a group III oil? Does only Europe get the group IV Voll-Synthese ? Can you tell me what the Noack % of the Lubro Moly 5W-40 Sythoil is please. I saw the video about Herr Prost and Liqui Moly company. This is the reason I will use Lubro Moly products. We need more people like him in the corporate world! Thank you for your time."

This was the response from their Tech department.

" thank you very much for your mail at our team and your interest in our LUBRO MOLY Products.

For your VW Golf GTI Turbo we recommend you to use the LUBRO MOLY SYNTHOIL PREMIUM 5W-40, part nr. 2040.

The Viskosity ist 5W-40, the same as the Synthoil High Tech 5W-40 in Europe has. It is a PAO based ghroup IV oil.
Some differents in the performance of the US and European oil are because of the special laws in the USA that make necessary to chance the recipy a little.
But both oil meet the required VW Specification VW 502 000/ 505 000
Pleas see the attachement for further detail :"

And from Herr Prost himself.

"Thank you very much for your e-mail!

I feel pretty much honoured by your words which mean both to me: stimulation and commitment.

My 450 co-entrepreneur-colleagues and I work with all our heart, passion and companionship. That is the reason why the finances and the humanity are accurate.

Economic activity without humanity is barbarous!

I think Mr Niemietz, one of our technicans, answered your product questions. Do not hesitate to contact us at any time!"

I guess I will be a Lubro-Moly customer now!

Finklejag, awesome and thanks for the post! How often do you get good information on a product with a response from the owner. I am too a Lubro-Moly customer now.
Mike

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
I guess I will be a Lubro-Moly customer now!

Welcome aboard!
grin2.gif
I've switched over the Grand Marquis and ES, now I'm waiting for my next oil change on the Mitsu to switch it over too.
thumbsup2.gif

I had missed this one in the past. I was actually surprised to find that Ceratec is product of this company. I don't think it is in the NAPA catalog though.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: priler

#3-they would bring over here there synthoil longtime 0w-30(same one they sell in germany),instead of just selling there 5w-30 over here.

I'm pretty sure the 0w30 here is Group IV pretty good stuff. All the other stuff is Group III from what I understand.

They have already told us more about their oil than mobil has. Group iv with pao! I will check this oil out, is it ever on sale?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
They have already told us more about their oil than mobil has. Group iv with pao!

All they said is that it's a PAO based oil. But that's not really saying much as we don't know how much of it is in there. I mean, if you ask a Company like Castrol, they also say that their Edge is "PAO based", but we all know that that it contains very little of it. Not that it matters really. Performance is what matters.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I am very impressed! Where does one buy their products?

None of the Napa's carry it in Alberta, they have never even heard of it. Hopefully that is not the same story for the rest of Canada or I am afraid it will be a product you will most likely have to pay through the nose to get it up here.

When I went to NAPA to buy some MoS2 oil additive, the clerk had to order it from the catalog. It arrived from the NAPA warehouse the next day. I believe I was the first person to ask for Lubro-Moly products at that particular NAPA store. (This reminds me that I need to see if I still have some, as I'm planning an oil change later this week.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back