Luber-Finer filter quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions on the suitability of Luber-Finer filter # P967 for my Toyota V6 3.5L engine, as opposed to OEM or typical replacements like the Fram,
Napa Gold (Wix), or Purolator cartridges?
I ask only because it's available next door to where I work and it seems reasonable at $6.60 (in Canada).
Thanks.

Last edited:
$6.60 for a luberfiner is too much I've got them in the past at parts store in Canada, southern Ontario for less than 3 bucks each. However, I stopped using them after I saw some stories here on bitog of the inner plastic core collapsing and breaking, also they use fiber endcaps similar to frams, and fram's end caps are at least solidly glued to the media, the luberfiner's endcaps just like other ecore design filters come off very very easily. I personally think this ecore design filter is worse then a fram. I even got a initial ticking noise from my van at cold starts in the morning while using those filters.

Now, I'm using the Carquest Red oil filter which again is less than 3 bucks at Carquest, however, it's made by Wix and works quiet well, never had a cold lifter tick with using this filter on my van.

Originally Posted By: MrBiglund
$6.60 for a luberfiner is too much I've got them in the past at parts store in Canada, southern Ontario for less than 3 bucks each. However, I stopped using them after I saw some stories here on bitog of the inner plastic core collapsing and breaking, also they use fiber endcaps similar to frams, and fram's end caps are at least solidly glued to the media, the luberfiner's endcaps just like other ecore design filters come off very very easily. I personally think this ecore design filter is worse then a fram. I even got a initial ticking noise from my van at cold starts in the morning while using those filters.

Thank you to all who responded. I'll either stick with Toyota OEM or NAPA Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back