Had to try the G-Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
With JasonC's post about the $13 MIR (unlimited purchases 'til 4/15) I had to drain the brand new Amsoil in my Nissan and try it. (I carefully drained it into a CLEAN pan and I am going to reuse it of course). The G-Oil, though you can't really judge by feel, is just as smooth as any other oil I have ran so far which is about every major syn except Valvoline Synpower. I really think if you want to try this stuff and you have a vehicle that calls for 5w30 it is worth the try. I will do a UOA to see how it performs, but while it is cheap and cuts the use of foreign oil I think it is worth every penny.

Are we allowed to post links to non-sponsor pages?

You can Google G-oil. Look for Green Earth Technologies.

I saved the Amsoil, I don't need a therapist, I just read the news and if a GroupV is priced the same for 5qt's as RedLine is for 1. I had to try it. The only reason I drained it was to see if I would get more while it is on sale. I think I will too. It is running fine. Amsoil is great but pricey. Try it. You might like it.

Seems they have a SAE 30 oil for lawnmowers too. SM rating.

goil.jpg

I'm telling you guys, this stuff is actually running nice in my Altima. That is my baby too, it wasn't easy to try it out to be honest but the rebate helped
grin.gif
She is running great so far!

Originally Posted By: Koz1
Beef fat in my engine.
Just weird.
Nice and cheap though.

It's not beef fat any more than Pennzoil Yellow Bottle is crude oil.

Kudos to you. Both my cars call for 5w20 so I'm trying to see if they come out with other grades.

They also have a 10w30 labeled for 4-stroke motor use and SM rated if anyone cares.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
With JasonC's post about the $13 MIR (unlimited purchases 'til 4/15) I had to drain the brand new Amsoil in my Nissan and try it. (I carefully drained it into a CLEAN pan and I am going to reuse it of course). The G-Oil, though you can't really judge by feel, is just as smooth as any other oil I have ran so far which is about every major syn except Valvoline Synpower. I really think if you want to try this stuff and you have a vehicle that calls for 5w30 it is worth the try. I will do a UOA to see how it performs, but while it is cheap and cuts the use of foreign oil I think it is worth every penny.

What do you mean by that? Is the Valvoline smoother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back