Molybdenum 15

Potassium 3

Boron 7

Magnesium 14

Calcium 4048

Phosphorous 670

Zinc 811

TBN 2.5

**Flagged for high levels of Oxidation**.

Last edited by a moderator:
This UOA wasn't too bad barring the silicon. KV 100C for SSO is 10.3 so even though the analysis showed high oxidation it doesn't look as if it adversely affected anything. The fuel thinned it out...lol. Good Report. What are your driving habits liKE (choke) stupid question as I looked up and saw '09 w/42+k.

When did you change the air filter ? At the time you change your oil to this Amsoil SSO which is at around 25k miles on odometer ?

Makes me feel confident I can get 10k miles with SSO in the VX. It really all depends on how clean it was before my first fill of SSO. I really won't know without the first UOA.

The high silicon is because of the new air filter, air filter does its job best after 15-20k miles. Changing air filter too often is not good in filtering dirt/dust.

I would check the seal of the air cleaner and intake plumbing otherwise the uoa looks great. SSO is a really impressive oil.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The high silicon is because of the new air filter, air filter does its job best after 15-20k miles. Changing air filter too often is not good in filtering dirt/dust.

Interesting observation. I think you are on to it.

My personal issue is that I really need to replace the intake tube between the airbox and throttle body on the VX. The little 'bendy' section of the house has small cracks. I know the back pressure probably prevents dirt from getting in there, but it's still a small leak in the intake line at least.

Love that SSO... wish I could afford it and wish I had the ballz to run it out that long
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back