Vudu & buffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Vudu this past weekend with my BluRay player and constantly got into a buffering msgs, after that happened a few times, it would get a network error. I have DSL and a class G router. I tried on two different days, two different movies both at the lowest resolution (and cheapest). Netflix works fine (but probably is a lower resolution.)

I emailed Vudu support, no response yet.

Did you run the Vudu Network Speed Test, yet? (My Vudu -> Info and Settings)

Also, are you running wired or wireless to your Blu-Ray? And what resolutions are you trying to watch (SD, HD, or HDX)?

Last edited:
I looked under Vudu on my BluRay and did not see any speed test. I ran it on my laptop to the Vudu website and it was 1250 kbs. They say you only need 1000 kbs for the minimum resolution.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I looked under Vudu on my BluRay and did not see any speed test. I ran it on my laptop to the Vudu website and it was 1250 kbs. They say you only need 1000 kbs for the minimum resolution.

Could be a player-specific feature. On my Vizio Blu-Ray, you launch Vudu Movies and when you see the movie titles appear, switch to the "My Vudu" tab and on that tab is the network speed test. It runs a short test with a little speedometer and gives you a recommended supported resolution.

When I was running wirelessly on a G router, I could watch SD movies and Netflix. I subsequently ran a Cat 5E cable and was able to watch Vudu titles in HDX (1080p).

Vizio suggests a dual band N class router, but even a class G router is much faster than my DSL.

I think I need to watch Vudu movies in a "watch latter" mode. Vudu says that only needs 850kbs.

Since the response from Vudu was I would need .85 Mbs for 'delayed viewing" I tried to do that on my Vizio BluRay player and could find no such option. I assume the player would need a harddrive to store the movie, so maybe it works only on PCs and not your standard BluRay player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back