BitOG Motor Oil Cook-off 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Sigh.

Now I have some mower oil.

I bought the pan special, btw.

Well what happened?

Ok, I revived it as a cold flow test. New freezer gets down to -5f.

See you tomorrow.

It's over. Too nasty. Lesson learned, outdoors only, lol.

Move the grill away from any wood structures!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Hope you're not making cupcakes in those pans later!

at least they won't stick

This is like watching a really good movie and someone shuts it off right at the climax. But worse because we do not know if we are going to see the end. So Aldi did you actually cook the oil or did you quit before anything happened?

This is the most entertaining post on this site right now, A+ for the effort Audi. I appreciate your doing this so my fiancee doesn't see me doing this in her oven and turn my 12 gauge on me, because I was thinking of doing something like this!
crazy.gif

My wife would divorce me if I even suggested doing that. Wow.

Mess or not, I'd love to see pics of the aftermath - c'mon, what happened???

Thank heavens you didn't sufforcate yourself!

I would have been too scared to try this, I'll admit!

Re-try on a grill outdoors.
smile.gif

You should ask for donations for oils that people would like to see tested. I have a 3/4 empty quart of Red Line 5W-20 that I would like to see in the cook-off.

Placing the tray in the oven now at +450f, unless someone thinks higher or lower is better.

What is the purpose of testing oil @ +450F? Do you want to see what happens when the oil drips on hot exhaust. If your internal engine oil ever reached +450F, your engine would be in worse condition then your oven. I am doubtful the engine oil would ever get over 350F, and if it did, then it would no longer be any good. Even going over 300 is not good for oil.

When it started to smoke, you should have pumped a large quantity of pure oxygen into the oven. That would have been cool!. We could have read about you on the news.

So, you don't think that the oil at the rings, turbo, or exhaust valve guides ever experience temperatures greater than 350F?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back