Motorcraft FL400-s Ford Focus 5k Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil used was Motorcraft 5w-20 Semi Syn, for 5k miles of mostly city driving. Filter held well, good bang for the buck for 3.49 at wal-mart. No problems to report.

fl400smotorcraft.jpg

fl400smotorcraft1.jpg

fl400smotorcraft2.jpg

fl400smotorcraft3.jpg

fl400smotorcraft4.jpg

fl400smotorcraft5.jpg

fl400smotorcraft6.jpg

fl400smotorcraft7.jpg

fl400smotorcraft11.jpg

fl400smotorcraft9.jpg

fl400smotorcraft10.jpg

fl400smotorcraft8.jpg

fl400smotorcraft12.jpg

What is the Puro/FRAM X-reference #'s for these MotorCraft filters? They look very well made and sililar to the PuroPureOne that I have cut open.

I've been running my filters 2 OCI's again lately as we did in the years past(60's-70's). In the 80's I converted to changing the filters every OCI but now I am again back to every other time since each filter that I cut open looks pretty good after even 2 OCI's. And too, my engines are the last thing that I ever have trouble with.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
What is the Puro/FRAM X-reference #'s for these MotorCraft filters? They look very well made and sililar to the PuroPureOne that I have cut open.

Because they are a badged Purolator,,same thing.

What is the Puro/FRAM X-reference #'s for these MotorCraft filters?
FRAM number is PH/TG/XG 3600. Don't know the Purolator cross.

Remember that the FRAM/Purolator versions most likely will not have the threaded-end bypass like the Motorcraft. That design is a Ford spec.

The thread end bypass is really nice, the Wally doesnt carry the ST for this car so I use a motorcraft.

The can on the motorcrafts is not as thick as a champ filter, but it is thicker than puro classic.

I've been running my filters 2 OCI's again lately as we did in the years past(60's-70's). In the 80's I converted to changing the filters every OCI but now I am again back to every other time since each filter that I cut open looks pretty good after even 2 OCI's. And too, my engines are the last thing that I ever have trouble with.

I can't tell you the Puro/Fram #'s, but it is a Wix 51516, and what I use on both my Saturns.

Originally Posted By: Mokanic
The oil does not even look dirty. Looks like the oil could have gone much longer.

looks very good for 5k. if i had to guess i would say a very well maintained car.

filters are cheap. why not change it out? reminds me of taking a shower and drying with a dirty towel. no offence but a motorcraft costs less than a qt of oil. just doesn't make sense to me.

Fram number is PH3600. I like the motorcraft filters, but since the PL20195 is just $3 on Advances's site after 40% coupon code, and im getting another 7% back through mrrebates.com, I have really stocked up on P1s and now use my leftover MC filters on other people's cars.

Thanks for posting these pics!

This is my filter size so I have the numbers, yet to try a FL400s but its on the list after my next OC of M1 0w-20 and M1209.

Mazda Oil Filter (P/N: YF09-14-302A0)
Motorcraft FL-400-S
Napa 1516
Napa ProSelect SFI 21516
Wix 51516
Hastings LF134
M1-209
K&N HP-2009
Fram PH3600 or XG3600 or TG3600
Amsoil Extended EA034
Donaldson P550400
Purolator PureOne PL20195