Amtecol? Redline equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone used it yet? I think I'm going to order some...
(Blah-Blah website)Oils is proud to offer Amtecol Motor Oils, a relatively unknown line of motor oils, that should be better known! For the last three years we have stocked their three lines of engine oils; Superlife 7500M mineral oil; Superlife 8000M semi-synthetic oil; and, Superlife 9000M fully synthetic oil. Our customers have spoken, and we have listened! Most of you want, and have purchased, the fully synthetic 100% PAO Base Oil Superlife 9000M and that is the Amtecol oil that we will be stocking for 2010. Amtecol has added three new viscosities of their fully synthetic PAO oil; 0W-20, 0W-30 and 0W-40. However, these three 0W oils will not be available until late in 2010. Below, we are stocking Amtecol Superlife 9000M 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 & 5W-40 weight oils in 6-packs or cases of 12 Quarts.

FOUR GOOD REASONS THAT WE CARRY AMTECOL OILS:

1) The Amtecol's Superlife 9000M oils are 100% fully synthetic PAO oils.
2) Amtecol, unlike virtually ALL oil manufacturers of today, provides MSDS's that give potential customers the necessary information to know that they are purchasing a motor oil with a REAL Group IV PAO base oil with a modern advanced additive package along with their respective percentage proportions.
3) Amtecol Oils Are API SM / ILSAC GF-4 Certified. No need to worry about warranty issues with these oils.
And, 4) Amtecol's Value Pricing is the best available in the market place for "REAL" PAO Group-IV synthetic oils!
We believe that the MSDS sheets (REASON #2) are particularly important in this era of Group III "synthetic oils" (for marketing purposes). Since the redefinition of synthetic oil in the year 2000 (by the BBB-NAD) to include Group III mineral oils as synthetic oils, it has become almost impossible to assess which oils are "real synthetic" Group IV/Group V oils. The vast majority of oil manufacturers consider specification of base oil(s), additives, CAS#s, etc., to be PROPRIETARY!! Thus, MSDS sheets have become useful only to EMS and other medical professionals in the prescription of medical care; but, are basically useless to the oil buying public with respect to the blending and content of the specific oil. Amtecol is unique in this respect, see for yourself! Try to find another oil that gives you the percentage of PAO or Ester in their MSDS! Amtecol Superlife 9000M oils possess a 100% PAO base oil!

(REASON #3) is also very important. For those of you interested in API Certification (the doughnut) because of warranty or quality concerns, Amtecol oils are API SM ILSAC GF-4 CERTIFIED OILS! (check it out at the A.P.I. website:American Hi-Tech Petroleum & Chemicals Inc., DBA AMTECOL.
API CERTIFICATION

They appear to be cashing in on #2 which some people feel is important. Many people don't.

I guess the belief is that a PAO based oil cannot have mediocre performance; From what I have learned @ BITOG, this might be too much a leap of faith. Even ugly statues can be made with solid gold.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

I guess the belief is that a PAO based oil cannot have mediocre performance; From what I have learned @ BITOG, this might be too much a leap of faith. Even ugly statues can be made with solid gold.

Agree 100%. Basestock is only part of the approach to make a high-performance, holistically blended product. Too much emphasis is put on that and ZDDP. Group III maybe better under oxidative conditions than PAO, and most folks dont need the enhanced flow characteristics anyway. EVERYTHING is a tradeoff.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

Agree 100%. Basestock is only part of the approach to make a high-performance, holistically blended product. Too much emphasis is put on that and ZDDP. Group III maybe better under oxidative conditions than PAO, and most folks dont need the enhanced flow characteristics anyway. EVERYTHING is a tradeoff.

I totally agree, PAO is in and of itself a mediocre motor oil, that is why it is blended to increase additive solubility and polarity. Redline has Ester in it which helps with polarity which is a very important characteristic of an engine lube. POA has poor polarity so the oil doesn't "stick" to the metal parts as well. As JHZR2 says there are trade offs for everything. Last months Lubes and Greases had a pretty good article on the different Groups of Base Stocks and their pros and cons. Blends seem to be the best to cover all bases.
Now, if you wanted to get some AMTECOL and some Nissan ESTER oil and mix em, that might be interesting, and EXPENSIVE. I'll stick with PP,PU, AMSOIL, VALVOLINE, oils that have proven wear analysis.

Last edited:
The are trying to sell their product based on the base oils they use. Fail. Nice attempt though to grab a small slice of the market that does need to know they are buying PAO based oils.

There is nothing wrong with touting that you use PAO in your formulation. It is when that and its percentage is the only basis for selecting a product that the logic is faulty. Schaeffer's also talks a lot about other aspects of their product as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back