Mitsubishi Outlander - Castrol Edge 5w20 - 60k mil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not totally sure what to think of this analysis. This is my first one. Vehicle is a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD w/ 3.0L. My previous oil changes are usually "synthetics on sale". This UOA is on Castrol Edge 5w20, and definitely for 5200 miles. Last oil in there was Mobil1 5w20. I've got Pennzoil Platinum now.

The coolant in at the time is the OEM Mitsubishi "really super green" antifreeze. Not the old school green...greener...really green!
smile.gif

I do not have any aftermarket parts installed (probably saw the Mitsibishi and thought aftermarket! lol!). In terms of OCI, the OCI reminder can either be set for 3k miles, 5k miles, or 7.5k miles. Think I could run 7.5k miles if I stick to Castrol Edge/Mobile1/Penzoil Platinum?
Blackstone_Outlander_60k.jpg

Last edited:
what is the element that is elevated when an air filter is clogged? it has been a year/15-20k miles since I last changed it.

hmmm, just noticed the engine blackstone has in my report is not what is in my Outlander. I remember looking it up and putting 6B31 on the slip. Sent them an email about it and we'll see what they say.

Last edited:
Some of the Castrol, Valvoline and Mobil oils use sodium in their additive package.

If you have used any of the Kendall GT-1 oils, that would explain the Titanium.

never used kendall...pretty much the oils that have been on sale...Castrol, Mobile, Pennzoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back