Puro Classic L14459 Cut Open (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The filter was run ~6k in ~5 months OCI on 01 Honda Civic.

I drained the filter and left base down for a week. It wasn't until I later punctured the dome that the remainder drained out (a sustantial amount). Though I didn't measure it, I'm satisfied the nitrile adbv worked quite nicely, and was very pliable upon inspection.

Also the pleats were fairly uniform, wider at the joining seam. However, the ends of the pleats were all solidly glued to the metal endcaps, as shown in the pics.

Not including the metal joining pleat, this filter has 60 pleats, with a depth of 3/8" and a width of 1&7/8". Total media area ~84.4 sq. inches.

L14459008.jpg

L14459003.jpg

L14459004.jpg

L14459001.jpg

L14459007.jpg

Looks very good ... straighter pleats than the PL14459 I posted a while ago due to a "twisted" glue job at the factory between top and bottom end caps.

The glue where the pleats connect to the end caps looks good in the photos. I'm running a Classic L14459 right now on the Altima. Can't beat it for the money.
thumbsup2.gif

Good looking filter. Can they add one more pleat at the seam though!! How hard can that be? I know, every filter is like that... it's a gripe of mine.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Good looking filter. Can they add one more pleat at the seam though!! How hard can that be? I know, every filter is like that... it's a gripe of mine.

The gap in the pleats near the seem has to be due to the way the media is installed. Seems to be a common theme on most filters.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The gap in the pleats near the seem has to be due to the way the media is installed. Seems to be a common theme on most filters.
+1 During assembly when the seam is joined by metal and/or glue, the space is wider in that area then the pleats that are simply folded. Don't think another pleat would make a difference. That said, it's never been an issue on the Puro's I've dissected for my applications.

Though I know it's saying little, I'll take the Classic over an orange can anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back