Guess what I did yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oil.jpg

oilchange.jpg

I dumped the M1 0w-30. I ran for exactly 1 year (to the day!) and almost exactly 5k miles. With the $10 mail-in rebate, (thank you QS!) this full syn oil change cost me about $9.61, including tax and the filter.
thumbsup2.gif

I also decided to check the air filter, good thing I did. ------ mice!!
mad.gif

mousefilter1.jpg

And some pics of the car itself:

HondaandExplorer006.jpg

HondaandExplorer005.jpg

HondaandExplorer004.jpg

HondaandExplorer007.jpg

enginecompartment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. Apparently airboxes make cozy little homes for mice and they just love crawling in there. This is the second time it's happened. A mouse also made a home in my Ranger. It chewed a hole in the sound insulation pad on the bottom side of the hood. I've started setting up mousetraps outside.

some of you guys keep your old cars in great condition. you would be embarassed to see my 96 sunfire with dents in it from an accident. filthy interior. oil stains under the hood and rock salt over the engine block/trans. I may give you guys a photo treat of my engine bay one day if I have the guts.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Why did a mouse chew on the air filter ?
54.gif

They will chew on anything they can. I have a terrible time keeping them and rats out of my cars wires, filters and blower motors.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Nice looking car! Who makes that oil filter? I don't think I have seen those before.

They're made by Nippon. I get 'em at Napa. They're really well constructed seem to be great quality, and they're cheaper than the Napa Golds. The air filter (both the one that got chewed and the one I replaced it with) are also Nippon.

filter1.jpg

filter2.jpg

filter4.jpg

Hello To exranger06: What's that black, viscous looking stuff in your oil filter? Also, A piece of screen fitted to the air supply pipe of your air cleaner box seems in order. A friend opened his and found it packed with nuts.
To spasm3: "I call them cats a better mouse trap" Kira

Black viscous stuff?
54.gif
That filter was brand new out of the box when I took the picture. There is no black vicous stuff anywhere on it. Even looking at the picture right now I can't tell what you're talking about.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello To exranger06: What's that black, viscous looking stuff in your oil filter? Also, A piece of screen fitted to the air supply pipe of your air cleaner box seems in order. A friend opened his and found it packed with nuts.
To spasm3: "I call them cats a better mouse trap" Kira

that's just the perforated metal core.

Cool, that filter looks sweet. I thought it was maybe something generic. It doesn't look generic.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Originally Posted By: beast3300
Nice looking car! Who makes that oil filter? I don't think I have seen those before.

They're made by Nippon. I get 'em at Napa. They're really well constructed seem to be great quality, and they're cheaper than the Napa Golds. The air filter (both the one that got chewed and the one I replaced it with) are also Nippon.

filter1.jpg

filter2.jpg

filter4.jpg

Looks like a baby version of my Nissan filter. It`s got the same gasket and anti drain back valve:
2dqo9vp.jpg

Last edited:
That old Accord is in really, really nice shape! Good job!

Didn't realize QS was going with the new-style SOPUS jugs - thought only Pennzoil got those!

Thanks Johnny, about 3 years ago we had A LOT of work done to the house. All new fiber cement siding, all new windows and doors, a whole new deck built. Then we put down the concrete slab for the shed, installed the cobblestone, and a truck came in and set the whole shed pre-assembled down on the slab. Also a new front walkway installed and a rock wall on the other side of the house. And when I say "we installed," I mean hired professionals installed. My mom designed the whole layout and picked out the materials and such though, she went to art school and has very good taste. It's her house, but I'll be living here another few years probably.

Next up is a new kitchen and bathrooms, but we don't have any money for it right now. My father's 67 Corvette should hopefully be sold in another year or two, and that should be enough to fund those projects.

Hope he gets a ton for it because those are the two most expensive rooms in the house to renovate (kitchen and bathroom).

That is a darn nice looking 92 Accord.

Thanks Johnny. If you think mine's nice, you should see my grandmother's. It's another 92 Accord that is literally IDENTICAL to mine in every way. 65k orignal miles, stored in a climate-controlled garage its whole life with a cover over it. Yeah, it's mint. When one of my current vehicles dies, we will inherit it. My grandma can't drive any more so it just sits in the garage now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back