Who makes TOYOTA 5W30 Full Synthetic oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as in this picture. any good?
75428j8_20.jpeg

As often the case it may depend on what country you find it in. I have seen comments in Toy... forums that Mobil is a supplier but never seen anything more than opinions.

Depends on weight and/or type. Conventional down here in NH, USA is prob Mobil (given that its packaged in that same supertech/mobil clean 5K bottle). Thern Ive heard Nippon and or Idemitsu for the 0w-20 stuff originally, but, now Mobil after the rollout. All speculation - though that unique EoM bottle shape is a dead givavway (not the OP's bottle, that looks like Irving or ??)

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'd bet it's Petro-Canada.

Petro Canada supplies Honda Canada with oil, so I wouldn't be surprised. One thing for sure though, it will be good quality as Petro's products are top notch.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I've heard that Nippon (aka Eneos) is the OEM Toyota oil supplier.

My guess also

It's Eneos now, but as some have said that bottle looks much older, so it would be Petro-Canada....definetly not a new bottle....

CATERHAM has done the footwork (or email work as the case may be) and confirmed with Toyota Canada that the CURRENT formula 0w20 in Canada is made by Mobil to Toyota specs (i.e. it's NOT Mobil 1 0w20 in a Toyota bottle - it's a specific formula that Toyota asked for (high moly, high VI etc.). He had also confirmed that the PREVIOUS version of the 0w20 was made by Eneos.

As for the 5w30 - I don't think anyone has done the research as CATERHAM did for the 0w20, so it's up for debate as to who makes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back