Si.....23

SUS... .54.6
cSt.... 8.85
Flash ..400
Fuel LT .5
H20..... 0
Antifreeze......0
Insol... .4

I wanted to get one oil analysis in before my warranty ran out. Needles to say I was well pleased.. Obviously the silicon is high, but its not a problem with wear numbers.

This SuperTech syn did thin down to a 20 weight. But its hard to quibble about the results. I use this exclusively in my two cars and when ever I get drafted into changing the Daughters 08 Forester and the son's Acura. Unless convinced by a bad oil analysis I'm sticking with this oil permanently. And for $17.50 for 5 quarts...can't beat it with a stick.

Car is driven very easy

For $1 more you can get QS UD. Plus there is a $10 rebate going on now. I would recommend that over ST Syn plus it might not shear as much.

Hi, Al!! Long time no read.

Great UOA. Not much reason to change your ST habit.

cheers3.gif

Great results Al! You can't argue with these results at all, it looks like Supertech synthetic is a great match for this car!

That engine works well with almost any oil. I guess a 20 weight isn't bad for the H4 afterall
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
That engine works well with almost any oil. I guess a 20 weight isn't bad for the H4 afterall
grin2.gif

e.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Hi Gary
25.gif

Yea..I'll stick with this oil til it burns me.

Originally Posted By: Al

Yea..I'll stick with this oil til it burns me.

Then be very careful changing the oil on a hot engine!
grin2.gif

Great UOA. Not much reason to change your ST habit.

cheers3.gif

Al's busy keeping the Forester guys in line.
grin2.gif

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: bluesubie

Al's busy keeping the Forester guys in line.
grin2.gif

-Dennis [/quote]
Someone has to Dennis.
wink.gif

Last edited:
So 6K on this full synthetic, which is not really that long... and it thinned out to a 20W on a car that's driven very easy... is it safe to deduce then that on a car that's driven really hard, this oil might not be safe for a 6K interval?

Originally Posted By: Rachael
So 6K on this full synthetic, which is not really that long... and it thinned out to a 20W on a car that's driven very easy... is it safe to deduce then that on a car that's driven really hard, this oil might not be safe for a 6K interval?

I have run it to 8K and 10K and it doesn't thin out much more. Many oils shear to 20wt. territory. Its not a big deal.

My son's Acura shears any oil down lower than this and its been run out to 10K miles numerous times.

Hello, A quick dumb newbie question: Where do you go for oil analysis? I assume they send you sampling tubes and mailers. Also, I read about oil analysis years ago in Popular Science and one company gave a "10 pack" discount. Is any of that still out there? Kira

cheers3.gif

I'm glad to see he is still with us

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

cheers3.gif

I'm glad to see he is still with us

I just sort of fell of the oilwagon.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.