Toyota 0w20 (Canadian - silver bottle new formula)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Patman
The VW was my mom's car, my wife's car is a 2000 Civic. Out of all the oils that I ran, GC showed the lowest wear numbers in UOAs, but GTX 5w20 was a close second (keeping in mind I didn't get UOAs done with all of those oils I ran). In terms of how the engine feels, I prefer it on Toyota 0w20, it feels slightly peppier on this stuff compared to all the others (although it also felt pretty decent on GTX 5w20 as well) The engine felt most sluggish when I ran Schaeffer 5w30 in it, believe it or not, even though GC is thicker than that.

Oops, sorry for the bad memory. But with a Civic, the results are even more interesting for me.

The most sluggish with Schaeffer 7000 5w30, I would have never thought of that (numbers are quite impressive for this oil).
I may have to go over my bad feeling about GTX (probably due to their stupid TV ad), and try it.

Thanks for sharing your impressions.

Originally Posted By: rcy
New numbers for the Visc from Toromont. 8.74

At least, now they are consistent with Toyota data and the other manufacturer.

We still have to wonder if they really re-tested it or pulled a number from a hat
27.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Does anyone have 0w20 in the black bottle that I can buy from them?

I want to do a run of it in my Santa Fe and then do a run of the Silver Bottle for a real world comparison for everyone...

Let me know via PM.

cheers3.gif

Steve

Yes...$15 a litre. Let me know via PM.

Well, it's like a fine wine, no? It's rare as well (soon to be extinct), so the value has gone up.

(I'm just pulling your leg, obviously....lol)

My last remaining six bottles are not for sale. In a decade, I can post "Forgotten stash found in my garage" and ask if I can use an SM oil even though the spec is now SX.

Just the vis test. All the other numbers were the same. I think I'm done with VOA/UOA since the numbers vary so wildly from lab to lab. It's frustrating, especially for someone with OCPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back