M1 0W40 - 5,222kms - 2005 Holden Commodore 3.6L V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
oiltest2.jpg

oiltest.jpg

---------------------------------------
Comments on report:
-Wear metals are within acceptable limits.
-Particle contamination is high and mainly due to dust particles.
-Oil condition appears satisfactory.
---------------------------------------

Genuine oil and air filter used and replaced.
Refilled with M1 0W40

I might try and find a different air filter.
First sample post: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1546536

Glad to see this UOA.

I have the same 0W-40 in my 3.6 Holden, and was planning on running it for about a one year interval or 8 to 10K miles.

I'm going to use M1 0W-30 in the other 3.6 V6 and do UOA's on both to see how they compare.

Dust is the biggest problem, I know well what a pain that is. When you say genuine, are you using an ACDelco air filter?

First samply sheared a lot - it's down into the low-30 weight range. Usually the 0W-40 shears to low 12/high 11 cst range.

In Auz, it MUST be expensive to run M1 0W-40 for only 5k km...I would have run it at least 3 times that! Ouch!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
First samply sheared a lot - it's down into the low-30 weight range. Usually the 0W-40 shears to low 12/high 11 cst range.

I'm not following you here. When I put the numbers into the viscosity calculator with the datasheet VI of 186, it looks like both samples are still SAE 40 weight at 100C.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Do you have the GM part number(s) for the air filter?

GM#: 92068161

The oil was in there for over 1 year. The car was not driven for a 6 week period and two 4 week periods.

Be nice to have the 100 degrees Celsius viscosity instead of speculating. Good report.. but I would expect no less with a premium oil at 3.3k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back