Eneos 5w30 VOA and UOA on G37

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few guys on the g37 forums have been using Eneos with good results and one sent in one for a VOA. The VQ37 is pretty hard on oils so I was pretty impressed with the Eneos UOAs. When the guy posted the VOA, I was taken back by how simple the additive package is and was curious if anyone on here could provide any additional insight onto this oil.

VOA:
virginENEOS.jpg

UOA (Both on Eneos):
UOA2.jpg

Other UOA (Both also on Eneos):
001.jpg

4 reports on mature engines well past break-in.

Excellent copper & iron results for 4 reports with an average 6800 mile OCI (~50% longer than Universal Average).

Lead seems a tad high?

Eneos is good oil, but I always thought they used soem product that [censored] does not measure for. Get a real Oil Analysis with full element detection...not the [censored] [censored].

I've seen lots of ads in car magazines recently and was hoping that someone would provide a UOA to give me a feel for this oil. Thank you. Am I correct in assuming that Eneos is considered Japan's top tier oil???

Originally Posted By: pcfxer
Eneos is good oil, but I always thought they used soem product that [censored] does not measure for. Get a real Oil Analysis with full element detection...not the [censored] [censored].

Unfortunately they arent my UOAs, and what you might be referring to is why I posted it here.

Its looks like a pretty simple and clean additive package, not much going on compared to the Nissan Spec'd Nissan Ester Oil, which has a much different additive package.

So I was suprised how something which appeared very basic was doing so well in an engine that notoriously hard on oils, so I was hoping someone here with more knowledge than I knew could shed some additional light on the oil.

Maybe their mix composition, percentage of different groups, etc. Its listed as a "synthetic" not a full synthetic..... and based on all the [censored] I read about the Nissan "ester" oil, I figured an oil would need to have some percentage of ester in it to perform well in this engine or the oil would need a similarly spec'd additive package.

Im using redline for break-in in my G37 but searching for something cheaper to use once the engine is broken in and over 4 UOA's on broken in engines, this looks pretty good and doesnt shear like a lot of the other oils have.

Just had mine done also, with Eneos 5w30. Posted it in the g37 forums as well. Looks like for some reason the Eneos sheared quite a bit in my engine, although Blackstone didn't think that was anything to be concerned about.

15kblackstoneg37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back