Need some help for bypass set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm assuming this is where I post this thread. If not, show me where to do it.

Anyway, I'm lookin into by-pass systems. From what I've gathered, I need a set-up that doesnt take away from oil pressure (doesnt return the oil into the sump). I have a VVT and it uses the oil pressure to adjust the timing of the cams.

I really want to run a EaBP100 filter but I dont want to pay $400+ (dual remote kit)for a set-up when I'm done. I found one called TopDog V and it uses a sandwich adapter and disperses part of the full flow to the bypass filter. They sell the whole kit for $190 or just the adapter for $70. I'm lookin to maybe just buy the adapter, and piece the rest myself so I can do braided line. Problem I'm seeing is I cant find a remote mount that will fit the EaBP100.

Any help or suggestions???

What vehicle is this for? A Permacool will run you less. No need for a restrictor in the mount ..no harm either. Easiest plumbing job out there.

You must want some increase in sump capacity. A EaBp90 on a BP80A mount can be had for $60+/- delivered. With a Permacool (still need to know what this is on) at about $40 from Jeg's or Summit ..about $120 with tubing and fittings.

A EaBp90 should be good for most gasoline installations for a good length of service.

Yeah that 303 would be the part, but I tried looking for it and couldnt find anything. That seems really cheap though. At that point, do they sell the dual remote filter mount that fits a full flow and by-pass filter???

I have an 08 Avenger. The fitting would need to be 3" dia. with 22x1.5 thread. Yeah I want to run the 100 because its only $3 more and it has another 1/2 qt capacity.

Also what do u mean the permacool doesnt need a restrictor? I thought that it would need to be restricted because the 100 isnt a full flow filter???

Thanx so far!

The Permacool sandwich will have you discharging back into the same oil stream. You're not discharging into a zero pressure zone like the pan or the valve cover. It's totally self regulating with the sandwiches relief port. As the visc drops as it warms the poppet relief will maintain its 2psid across the sandwich (and therefore anything plumbed to the main ports) and flow through the bypass filter will increase ..taking on a larger share of the full flow.

Quote:
I have an 08 Avenger. The fitting would need to be 3" dia. with 22x1.5 thread.

In passenger car applications all adapters are 3" (2.8" gasket is typical) with the exception of the BIG CHEVY. They give you an additional plate for that application.

Here's a universal kit from Permacool. It's the same thing Amsoil gives you. You can see the various threaded inserts

PG29-C1.gif

22mm x 1.5mm BK299

Now I see the part number/price for the BK303 ..but it's not listed on the "filters and mounts" pull down option. Only the "spare parts" pull down.

I admit, I can get lost in the Bypass section from time to time.

What am I missing?

Gary - you don't miss much.

The BK-303 is on the excel price sheet. You just order by part#.

The reason I recommend the BK-303 is because tinknocker wants a 100. Not sure I trust the Permacool mount to hold a fully loaded EaBP100. Weren't there some issues along those lines some years back? Cracked cast Al mounts, etc....

Yeah, but I thought that was with the BP80A ....the pot metal (Permacool) mount.

I'm talking about BK303 vs. BK299. I can be having an episode
shocked2.gif

Bypass Spin-on Adapter 3/4" - 16 Product Code: BK295-EA

Bypass Spin-on Adapter 13/16" - 16 Product Code: BK296-EA

Bypass Spin-on Adapter 18mm - 1.5mm Product Code: BK297-EA

Bypass Spin-on Adapter 20mm - 1.5mm Product Code: BK298-EA

Bypass Spin-on Adapter 22mm - 1.5mm Product Code: BK299-EA

Bypass Spin-on Adapter 1" - 16 Product Code: BK300-EA

Bypass Spin-on Adapter 1.5" - 16 Product Code: BK301-EA

Bypass Spin-on Adapter 13/16" - 16 Product Code: BK302-EA

Okay, I see I'm missing something. The BK299 is $56.xx. The 303 is $31.xx.

The BP166 22x1.5M insert for the combo mounts is listed on the spare parts list, but shows up nowhere on the pull down, nor does the order page recognize it with a -EA extension.

While I can be challenged at times, I really can't say that this part of the site is setup too well.

Well actually you did say "BP80A" in your first post.

Indeed - I homed in on the price, as this seemed to something emphasized in the OP.

We can totally 100% agree the parts thing isn't cool at all. Amsoil should just have a ecommerce type sub-site with all the parts - photos and specs of each - seems like not such a big deal...
21.gif

Yes, I did mention the BP80A, but only as the cheapest alternative. I figured at that point we moved to the best way to adapt to the block ..but.. no biggie. It would flow easier in conversation.
21.gif

Okay (thought cloud and light bulb - maybe) ...is this just a matter of an older part number that's a Permacool grade block adapter ..like the BP80A is "light duty" ..and the BK299 is the wizbang heavy duty newer evolution??

That might make a bit more sense in this hide and seek thing.

Hey thanks a lot guys!!!
I kinda figured out the amsoil site to look for parts. I must of been a little slow or somethin.

I'm alomst thinkin about runnin the dual remote mount (one full flow and one bypass combo). Only problem is its $93! But at that point I can run an amsoil fullflow filter thats over twice as big as my current one for only another 40 cents. Plus I wouldnt have to crawl under my car to change it. So I have to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back