UOA 0w30 BP ACEA A3 API SL , Volvo V50 1,8

Status
Not open for further replies.

e14484001.jpg

hello ... all :) my first post, and my first oil analysis.

yes ... 10klm or 40klm every day.

volvo manual say .... minimun oil specs

5-30 Ford 913b

but if you drive on hilly areas, or 160+klm/hour
use 0-30 ACEA A5/B5

how did you understand ? :)

Last edited:
BP 0w30 ACEA A3 API SL
Volvo 1.8 MY2008 (ford engine) (20500klm total)
use oil for 8000klm and 7months

drive on City 50%
drive hilly areas 40%
hi-ways 10%

The geography of Greece is the reason I asked ,and the wear numbers on the copper indicate high load conditions on the bearings of the crankshaft.
edit:I dont know who makes Volvo oil,it seems to have good zinc for anti-wear.If you're comfortable with the results so far I would stay with it.Are there any other oils you've thought of using?

Last edited:
rob, thanks a lot for your answers :)

Volvo oil, is a 100% synthetic BP oil. Manual says to use economy oil 0w30 Acea A5 or ford specs 913b. HTHS
in this results, i had use volvo/bp 0w30 Acea A3 HTHS>3.2

Now I am using 0w30 A5, and i have seen -0,5lt/100klm :) of petrol.

i change oil every 6months (+- 7.000-8000klm).... I saw good TBN after 8.000klm. Can I change oil every year and 15.000klm ?

for volvo services include BP/volvo oil, i dont pay anything.

Do you think, that, Amsoil SSO/ASL or Mobil1 fuel economy, it is better for my car ?

or to use something anti-wear additive, like motorkote ?

thanks

Most of us do not recommend additives,the oil manufacturers develop very balanced additive packages so that require no additional upsets in the balance of the chemistry.We have many educated lubrication experts that are members of bitog that do not hold back on their conclusions on the use of additives.The Volvo oil is just fine ,especially at no charge.The TBN count of 6.5 shows a good amount of active ingredients in the oil,it looks like you'll get close to 15k,keeping in mind the fuel dilution could affct the longevity.I dont think switching brands will net you better fuel economy based on your driving conditions,the grade or wieght Volvo recommends is your best choice.Keep looking around the website.You'll find that opinions vary ,but the common theme is proper oil change intervals,which you already have the knowledge of how far you can go approximately,and that TBN or total base number seems to drop quickly, then stabilize where the degedation is less rapid.This, of course, varies with different engines ,conditions, and oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back