2007 Ford Fusion Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be your supplier only has the old M1 ATF. He might be able to get the new stuff if ordered. Just a thought.

Changed the fluid and filter. Pan and maganet was very clean. I found out the old body stlye Ford Focus trans pan gasket fits perfectly. I ran 9 quarts though it and after 100 miles the FRNE fluid lost its red tint. Like so people said FRNE fluid loses color quick.

Thanks everyone.

Looks like the one I had was from a 2003 Focus. I also had one for a Tauras but I am pretty sure it was for a Focus.

Yep looking at the Focus Transmission gasket pictures I would say a Focus.

Last edited:
Doing more research looks like a Mazda 3 and 5 trans pan gasket will fit on a Fusion FRNE trans. Looks like a lot of them can cross over.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: millerbl00
Changed the fluid and filter. Pan and maganet was very clean. I found out the old body stlye Ford Focus trans pan gasket fits perfectly. I ran 9 quarts though it and after 100 miles the FRNE fluid lost its red tint. Like so people said FRNE fluid loses color quick.

Thanks everyone.

No offense, not trying to nitpick, but you mean FNR5, right?

Originally Posted By: tig1
Could it be your supplier only has the old M1 ATF. He might be able to get the new stuff if ordered. Just a thought.

Nope.

I have been all over Alberta and some of Saskatchewan, the bottles are all the same. As I said in my previous post, we do not get the same products up here. Please take a look at the PDS I have posted, you will see that these are two different products with the same name.

Anyone notice cracks in there transmission case? Mine has a few "checker board" looking cracks where the inner CV shaft meets the case. I will try to post pictures.

Going to do a fluid flush in my SEL V6 as it has about 50K . Thinking on using the AMSOIL all purpose . Looks like it meets all the specs .

How many Qts when you pull the drain plug?

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
Going to do a fluid flush in my SEL V6 as it has about 50K . Thinking on using the AMSOIL all purpose . Looks like it meets all the specs .

How many Qts when you pull the drain plug?

If it meets Mercon V, it cannot meet FNR5. Search for threads about Mazda ATF-MV and Mazda's TSB. It has been covered a zillion times.

Other fluids might work. Experiment at your own risk.

Latest AMSOIL specs state it meets FNR5 and yes I've read a whole bunch about it.....confusing is the best way to describe it .

Anyway , did 3-3Qt flushes by removing the tranny return hose and running it . It gave me 3 Qt each time so it worked well . Oil that was very dark is now a nice red colour so we'll see how it goes .

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
Latest AMSOIL specs state it meets FNR5 and yes I've read a whole bunch about it.....confusing is the best way to describe it .

Anyway , did 3-3Qt flushes by removing the tranny return hose and running it . It gave me 3 Qt each time so it worked well . Oil that was very dark is now a nice red colour so we'll see how it goes .

I should add by running it I mean I drove it aprox 5 miles (8km) between flushes . So far so good : )

nitehawk, if you have a V6 then you have the Aisin F-21 6-speed, not the FNR5. The F-21 takes Motorcraft Premium Automatic Transmission Fluid, which is actually Mobil 3309 aka Toyota T-IV. My niece has the same car and I did 2 back-to-back drain & fills with T-IV at 30,000 because it was already starting to turn dark. The F21 takes just under 4 quarts for a drain & fill and DOES have a drain plug.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
nitehawk, if you have a V6 then you have the Aisin F-21 6-speed, not the FNR5. The F-21 takes Motorcraft Premium Automatic Transmission Fluid, which is actually Mobil 3309 aka Toyota T-IV. My niece has the same car and I did 2 back-to-back drain & fills with T-IV at 30,000 because it was already starting to turn dark. The F21 takes just under 4 quarts for a drain & fill and DOES have a drain plug.

Sorry bout that , yes it is the 6 speed , not the 5 plus it's AWD . Done so much reading on the internet before I did I got myself confusioned .
I talked to the dealer about the location of the drain plug and be darned if I could find it . Saw what I thought might be the drain plug but I was worried if it wasn't I might cause an issue so I went with the pop the line off method which worked fine .
Yea that oil does get dark and it reall didn't smell burnt but I felt better getting most of it out of there .
Wife is the driver of that car and says she thinks it's shifting smoother now . The Amsoil meets the T-IV spec too for the Aisin .

For future reference, in case you decide to do a simple drain-and-fill next time, the drain plug is about 1" to 1½" around, and has a 3/8" square recess in it, so you just use the ratchet handle on it...no socket needed. I don't have a pic, but it's located right on the bottom of the transaxle in plain view.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
For future reference, in case you decide to do a simple drain-and-fill next time, the drain plug is about 1" to 1½" around, and has a 3/8" square recess in it, so you just use the ratchet handle on it...no socket needed. I don't have a pic, but it's located right on the bottom of the transaxle in plain view.

Thats what I was thinking that might be but I wasn't sure so I decided to play it safe and go with the return line . Thanks for describing it , I'll try that next time .

which line on the radiator is the trans cooler RETURN line on an F21 6-speed? Top or bottom? I want to cut in a Magnefine. 3/8" one right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back