Reason NOT to use Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Taking delivery of a 2.4 liter DI engine soon(CHevy Equinox)
2) Own a 2008 Harley.

Any reason not to join the PC Amsoil, and just go Amsoil ??

How do their filters rate?

I see Ultra, Redline, and others are universally liked here. But price aside(seems Amsoil is a little more cash), any reason to not use Amsoil ?

I mean, is Amsoil pretty much "the best", if I had to pick something and be sure I was getting top of the line stuff? Not interested in "best value", just "best".

Kevin

Last edited:
There's no reason not to use Amsoil, good products and great extended drain capability.

"Best" is a bad word around here.
28.gif
grin2.gif

Ya I know I'm asking alot :)

Just seem alike the pecking order is Amsoil, MEP, Ultra.

And with the DI engine, NOACK comes into play hard right? And Amsoil is great at that, right?

Kevin

Amsoil, M1, PP, and such are great oils. Can't go wrong with Gary's oil.
34.gif
11.gif

Last edited:
20.gif
Great oil! Been using Amsoil since 2001. Just took delivery of 3 cases.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yellolab
And with the DI engine, NOACK comes into play hard right? And Amsoil is great at that, right?

Kevin

Yes, but I think viscosity index improvers (amount and type) have more to do with desirable performance in a DI engine than NOACK % does.

I like all of the above, but give the nod to Amsoil in certain specific grades, mostly for long drains. Redline for insane heat and racing.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Kevin

Yes, but I think viscosity index improvers (amount and type) have more to do with desirable performance in a DI engine than NOACK % does.

OK Ben, newbie here, help me out !!! Are you saying Amsoil is good or bad at this ?

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Kevin

OK Ben, newbie here, help me out !!! Are you saying Amsoil is good or bad at this ?

Using the theory that less VIIs will lead to less intake valve deposits, it seems to me you'd want to run as close to a straight weight (no VIIs) oil as possible in a DI engine. Amsoil ACD 10W-30 fits that bill to a T. As do a few other oils, but this is an Amsoil thread.
cool.gif

Does anyone think the additional cleaning capability of Ultra will help with the intake valves of the DI engine ?

Kevin

I've run allot of Amsoil ACD. No VII good NOACK and thinner then most 10w-30 when its cold out. You might argue its closer to a 5w-30. Never had a 2nd thought in the dead of winter when running it. I run ACD in most of my equipment except my tractor which has AME 15w-40 at the moment.

Originally Posted By: buster
ACD is rock solid. So is Redline 10w30.

...and so is RL 5W-30 and 5W-20, neither of which contain VIIs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back