AC Delco 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one came off my dad's 01 GMC Sierra 6.0... It had about 2,900 miles on it, mostly short drive and some highway. This is the first time I did on OC on this truck, it's always been taken to the GM dealer for past oil changes.

The 2nd pic will shows where it has the widest gap of the filter, which doesn't seem like an issue like other E-core that's been posted here. The end caps are very hard to pull off so I'm not concern about the glue holding. I replaced it with a Pure One which is a little longer than the Delco 46. For a $1 more I think I will stock up on Pure One's for future changes.

dscn2601a.jpg

dscn2603d.jpg

dscn2608.jpg

Maybe im wrong but it seems like the flow would be better with the e-cores compared with the older a/c delco filter with the little holes....What does everyone think??

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Maybe im wrong but it seems like the flow would be better with the e-cores compared with the older a/c delco filter with the little holes....What does everyone think??

Thats one of Champ'c claims with the ECore is better flow.

Looks like all the Ecores I've used and cut open. I've never seen a problem.

Only $1 more for a Pure One? You are either getting a great deal on P1s or over paying for Ecore Delcos.

Originally Posted By: EagleFTE
Looks like all the Ecores I've used and cut open. I've never seen a problem.

Only $1 more for a Pure One? You are either getting a great deal on P1s or over paying for Ecore Delcos.

I can get the P1 now for $5. It's strange that the store that I buy my filter, the Classic and P1 has the 25288 for the exact same price. I never bought the Delco from any store, this one is from a dealer's oil change.

Originally Posted By: stroked93
is there a over sized option for this filter?

PF61 is an oversize for a PF46.

My niece's 2.4 liter Grand Am takes a PF46, but I put a PF61 on it so I can buy ONE filter for THREE different vehicles.

One way to make life a little easier.

2000 Pont Grand Am 2.4
2000 GMC Sierra 5.3
2004 Chev Silverado 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back