EaO44 Cut open (~13K miles ASM 0W-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EaO44 oversized for Honda applications. This was used in the Honda Odyssey. It's all I will use in the Hondas now.

44parts.JPG

44can.JPG

element1.JPG

element2.JPG

Doesn't look like it has that many pleats. However, there is more to filter quality than sqin media. BITOG is a tough audience.

Originally Posted By: labman
Doesn't look like it has that many pleats. However, there is more to filter quality than sqin media. BITOG is a tough audience.

Wha? Not sure you could get many more pleats in.

Looks like a very well built filter, I wonder if there is an EaO filter similar to EaO44 but about 1.5-2.0" longer ? I may try it on the S2000.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
It's a pretty solid unit, with a very cool bypass design. I'm not sure who makes this filter.

What does the base look like?

Originally Posted By: Virtuoso
I thought Wix made the Amsoil filters? Can you get a shot of the bypass?

Only some.

I'll try on Sunday to take some more pictures.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Looks like a very well built filter, I wonder if there is an EaO filter similar to EaO44 but about 1.5-2.0" longer ? I may try it on the S2000.

None larger than the Ea044, with the 20 x 1.5mm thread. What filter do you currently use on your S2000?

EaO Table link

I'm using the OEM PCX-004. I believe the OD is about 3.2-3.3" and length is about 3.1-3.2". I still have 2 left, but I think it's hard to find the PCX-004 at So Cal Honda dealers now.

Ea036 is taller, but smaller OD. That may be what HTSS_TR is looking for though. EaO36 is 4.8"L X 2.9" OD

The Ea044 is 3.8"L X 3.6"OD

OEM PCX-004 = 3.1"L x 3.2"OD. Seems either would work. No way would the EaO36 fit on the Odyssey though. I think the Ea036 should fit the Accord though, slightly smaller OD gasket.

Awesome pics Pablo. Thanks for posting!

Just as a note... Keep in mind that the EaO36 has a higher bypass setting (11-15 psi) as opposed to the EaO44 and EaO13 (8-10 psi). That's why I chose the EaO44 over the EaO36 as a suitable replacement to the EaO13/EaO12 for my Altima.

You are 100% on your own when choosing an oversize filter. Amsoil warranty will not cover you, nor will I.

For practical purposes 9 vs. 13 PSID. Not sure that makes a HUGE difference.

After comparing the sizes of all filters with 20 x 1.5mm thread, I think either Ea036 or Ea044 will best replace Honda OEM PCX-004. I'm going to measure the gasket of the PCX-004 to compare with Ea036 or Ea044. I still have 2 OEM PCX-004 left, I'll buy either Ea036 or Ea044 when I used the last OEM filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back