Total Quartz 9000 5W40, 4k miles, 04 VW 1.8T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, this is my first UOA Ever so I was pretty excited with the results. According to Blackstone Labs, my car's in pretty good shape. I've been using Total Quartz 9000 Full-Syn 5W40 for about the past 4-5 oil changes, and I actually switched to Lubro-Moly 5W-40 this past oil change due to cost. As much as I LOVE the Total oil, it's just so darn expensive! My local NAPA store started carrying Lubro-Moly products for an awesome price. Anyways, here's the results:

21872940197_large.jpg

PS The car has 66k miles on it, and yes it gets driven HARD! So therefore I'm quite pleased with the lack of wear I'm seeing here.

Low magnesium and a shot of boron, so it must be a newer formula. Overbase calcium could carry this oil to 10k easily. Kind of a low visc for a Euro 40.

I'd use it.

Nice report for a 1.8T. This oil starts out at 13.4 @ 100c. So it's a thin 40 weight. It did shear a little. This is a Group III oil. This oil and the Lubro Moly 5W-40 are the same price in my area.

Yeah I've only been able to find the Total oil online so far. I love it but I'm gonna try out the Lubro-Moly and see how it works. I can't wait to test my 97 STS next and see what happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back