Synlube UOA From Budman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: saaber1

4.Selling Delvac 1 with original seals removed and new seals added

That's funny because if you check the Noria forums they claim that Amsoil sells repackaged Chevron Delo .

Originally Posted By: yannis

4.Selling Delvac 1 with original seals removed and new seals added

That's funny because if you check the Noria forums they claim that Amsoil sells repackaged Chevron Delo .

Here is the thread that tells the story:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=88887&highlight=synlube

A quote from that thread:

"As a matter of the fact, I did call and leave a detailed message at that number and also e-mailed this character. Stipulating that I would buy every case of his snake oil with the same lot number. After submitting a sample on my dime to the laboratory I have done business with, for over 10 years. Shipping the sample, [censored] plug or not, UPS, USPS, FEDEX or pack mule, though he did appear to find a buyer.

The reply I did receive was contradicting, he would sell the oil to me and provide a refund if it was not what he claimed. This much I do know, first even if the consignee did refuse the shipment it would have been returned to the distributor who surely would have performed a thorough inspection of the product. I have seen cartons just as waterlogged sitting in an automotive parts store.

How this swindler came into possession of this questionable oil and worse the product he personally peddles leaves much to wonder."

Originally Posted By: yannis

To add , in their API approved oils.

Well, if the Synlube guys are saying that Amsoil is merely selling repackaged Chevron Delo the only thing I can say is that they sure seem aware of the possibility of selling repackaged oil.

All of those containers of Delvac 1 that had been resealed-does that ring a bell?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
For near 20k the TBN is outstanding...

I think the question is, is that TBN credible? We have 2 VOAs which show TBNS of 2.5 and 6.3. So if the oil starts that low, is it realistic that the TBN will go up after 20k miles? I mean without using the TBN booster additive that they sell.

Good point in the variable reports/reporting. It would seem odd to doctor the TBN while leaving 150ppm+ of Fe intact.

I received the results from Polaris. Both samples are from the same liter drawn at the same time and sent out the same day.

Bruce----Polaris
FE-5-----6
CR- NI- AL-2-----0
PB- CU- SN- AG- TI- SI-10----18
B-37-----32
NA-9-----7
K- MO-1246-1035
P-1085--954
ZN-588--599
CA-596--557
BA- MG-366--396
SB- V-
[email protected]
TBN-------6.27----4.10
Ox-----------------12
Nit-----------------7
fuel---------------.3%
Soot---------------.8%

TBN can just be due to the protocol that the lab uses. Not uncommon at all. The visc is another story. There's no way to wrangle that in to sensible between the two labs. It won't work from an SUS angle ..nor a 40C angle.

The rest appears within the testing variables of like machinery/calibrations/processes.

Now if the 10.xx is a typo (look at the first post @ 18.xcSt) then it would be more plausible.

I haven't kept up with all the detailed threads on synlube like some of you. I've maybe spent 15-20 minutes reading a thread here or there, and it didn't take me long to come to the conclusion, without a shadow of a doubt, that synlube is nonsense. There's nothing legitimate about it, and borders on ridiculous when you factor in the stories which detail the behavior of those that run the synlube show.

However, I do understand the desire to know with scientific certainty, so as to bury these dogs!

35.gif

As predicted: http://forums.noria.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/616604995/m/626103953?r=455101124#455101124

From Miro

Using our equipment (CANNON CAPILARY) this is the results I get on the same batch SynLube INITIAL FILL SAE 5W-50 sample.

Viscosity cSt at 100 C cSt 17.7

Viscosity cSt at 40 C cSt 97.5

Result: Viscosity Index 199.6

Now explain the results reported in above post !

++++++++++++++

Just how shocking is it that his test has this result?

Last edited:
I saw that coming a mile away. Did you think for a moment he'd believe results posted by anyone other than himself? I wouldn't use that [censored] if you gave it to me!

Originally Posted By: Trajan
I'll send you a case for Christmas
lol.gif

Please don't.........Friends don't let friends use Synlube.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Trajan
I'll send you a case for Christmas
lol.gif

Please don't.........Friends don't let friends use Synlube.

Well....... OK.

Synlube L4L: What a sadist gives to a masochist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back