Fleetguard StrataPore efficiency informantion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought i would share this information i received from a phone call today from Fleedguard filters.

i asked "whats the filter single pass efficiency on your StrataPore media filters? what percent at what micron?"

the answer was depending on the filter part number it varies,my PNs i acquired on where...

100% @ 30 mic
78% @ 10 mic

embarrassing was there cellulose standard media 68% @ 30 mic

had a nice conversation with the tech i also asked why no silicon ADBV he didn't have an answer maybe cost he said, he was nice enough to forward my number to the filter media engineers for further discussion!
20.gif
, so if anyone has any question post them up im expecting the call Monday.

im going to be asking about flow characteristics and why there cellulose standard media is so poor.

I wonder what the 20 is

I really like the bosch for the money or P1. Bosch has no yellow junk on it and I can get them 1/2 mile from my home

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
I wonder what the 20 is

I asked why no 20 mic as all the other industry's go by didn't have an answer.

I think thats pretty good 10 micron myself. The stratapore will work better in an extended drain situation also

Now that you mentioned ED i asked that same question he said FG are fully capable of following manufactures OCI recommendations,so if it's 3,000 or 20,000 there up to the task,i asked how much dirt holding capacity he didn't have an answer,hoping the engineers can answer that one.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
I think thats pretty good 10 micron myself.

I agree

I got an email response to a question about FG filter efficiency once that listed the stratapore at about the same but gave the cellulose media a 95% efficiency at 30 micron. I read an article all about oil filters from the Dodge turbo diesel registry that said the cellulose filters had about a 30% for 10 micron paritcles.
Here's the article:
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/OIL_FILTER.pdf

Here's the email I received:
Thank you for contacting Cummins Filtration.

Daniel, this is an example as to how the Cellulose, StrataPore, Felt Stack Disc and Venturi Combo's are compared.

1) Cellulose (Paper) Media -- 30 Micron at 95% efficient

2) StrataPore Media -- 30 Micron at 99% and a 10 Micron at 85% efficient

3) Stack Disc Media -- 10 Micron at 98% and 5 Micron at 95% ( this is used for by-pass sections only)

4) Venturi Combo -- this filter is the upgrade and Extended Service versions of the StrataPore full flow filters.

If we can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to
contact your Cummins Filtration Customer Assistance Center or send a
message to FleetMaster.

Please visit our homepage often at http://www.cumminsfiltration.com

Sincerely,

Cummins Filtration FleetMaster

Thank you for using FleetMaster

We use alot of FG venturi filters. They really work well. Expensive though 23.00 for a 7.3 filter.

Dunno he read it right off the computer it sounded like i hope it's not that bad wow.

i first emailed then too and got a reply back to just call as the different filters have different specs,hard to believe that because every filter i asked about was that same efficiency.

thanks for your post sdan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back