2004 Dodge Ram 4.7L, 6700 mi, Penz Plat 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter was a Oversize EaO. Has Amsoil SSO with standard EaO right now.
dodge04012010.gif

Last edited:
Do you run this truck hard? PP is a good oil and I have a 4.7 in a Dakota. I would try a six quart run of PU with either a Pure One 30001 or Bosch D35000 filter and cut your mileage back to 5,000 for the next sample. You might want to try the new Pennzoil YB 10w-30 in the jug that just came out if you're on a budget. I run my oil 4-5k and my wear numbers have always been in check.The 4.7 is a good engine.

This isnt my truck, Im posting it for family.
To give more info, this truck has had issues with fuel dilution due to an unsolved misfire condition. While I was visiting in Vegas I fixed the misfire (or at least Im pretty sure I did, there is no fuel) and changed the oil on 12/12/09. I dont know how long the oil I drained was in it and I suspect this fill was cleaning out some stuff caused by the condition.
Im going to suggest a change and check of this SSO at a similar mileage. If Im right it should be much closer to normal numbers.

This truck does all kinds of stuff. It has pulled a horse trailer, a flatbed trailer with a tractor, hay, or stuff from home despot. Those kind of loads are not normal but happen occasionally. Most of the time its being run all over Las Vegas with no or light load.

Last edited:
sounds like u need MARVEL MYSTERY OIL!!
57.gif
,,,,AAAAMEN. Ride mean and clean.

Last edited:
Hey Colt-how come you're not Onmo anymore?

That's going to take some getting used to!

Last edited:
What did 'Onmo'Eegusee' mean or imply, anyway?

I've never, ever understood that one - was it 'oh, no more excuses'?

BTW, you just don't seem to have any luck with UOA results, do you? Your folks van was bad, you CV doesn't give the 'best' results, and neither does this one!!!

Oil is 'stressed' - thickened up a fair bit from 10.3 cst. Silicon is a bit high, higher than it was before - maybe check the AF?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
What did 'Onmo'Eegusee' mean or imply, anyway?

I've never, ever understood that one - was it 'oh, no more excuses'?

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/stuntmutt/l337name/

Originally Posted By: addyguy

BTW, you just don't seem to have any luck with UOA results, do you? Your folks van was bad, you CV doesn't give the 'best' results, and neither does this one!!!

Oil is 'stressed' - thickened up a fair bit from 10.3 cst. Silicon is a bit high, higher than it was before - maybe check the AF?

I noticed the thickening as well. When I noticed the visc I went, "hmm, I dont think thats supposed to be that high." Then I dug through my PDFs and found a PDS for this and yup, it is. Good catch on the Si, Ill have that checked.
Yeah, I have no clue why I have so many off the wall results, lol. Like I said though, previous was subjected to lots of fuel for awhile so I think this is doing some clean up here. I mean except for the iron and copper I dont think its really that remarkable of a UOA.

I prefer the M1 EP to the PP,as it seems more durable in my fuel diluting '02 Accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back