Pennzoil Ultra Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: brsmith
I wouldn't call Collinsville a "Metropolitan city." More like and old town. Actually, I think it is credited as one of the first towns in the State of Oklahoma.

I should have put one of these after the word metropolitan.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
This was posted in another thread and I can't believe no one picked up on it. I consider it to be a pretty big deal when a major oil company mentions BITOG along side ESPN, Car & Driver, Popular Mechanics, etc.

I believe this is a first. Congratulations to Helen for all the hard work.

http://www.orangelineoil.com/images/medialibrary/PZ_Ultra_Brochure.pdf

That is pretty cool. SOPUS is mentioning little BITOG in the same breath as Amazon and Google.

Do current members get preference when BITOG stock is first offered?
55.gif

***Ultra now in SOCAL***

Just picked up 12 qts from ventura, ca walmart. was 6.97 a qt. They just put it on the shelf this morning. Didn't even have price barcode on shelf.

That is AMAZING that we are in that official brochure! I can't believe it!

Way to go, Helen and Admin team!!!

:D :D :D

Originally Posted By: mv6845
***Ultra now in SOCAL***

Just picked up 12 qts from ventura, ca walmart. was 6.97 a qt. They just put it on the shelf this morning. Didn't even have price barcode on shelf.

We had it in San Diego over a week ago. I guess every store has their own time frame.

Odd thing is - the price of PP didn't go down at our stores!
frown.gif

Anyone else selling besides WallyMart?
I refuse to go there, so I'd like to try as I'm ready for a new oil change this weekend!

here is the reply from Pennzoil when I asked them about the compatability with the Nissan Ester oil that is recommended for my new Infiniti G37.

Dear Mr. Jeff Hagan;

Thank you for your interest in our products.
It has come to our attention that certain 2009 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles require a special "ester" motor oil. Upon further investigation, Nissan's requirement is for organic, friction-modifiers in the oil to provide lubrication for Diamond-Like Coated (DLC) engine parts. Esters are a class of organic friction modifiers that provide the performance needed to protect these coatings and engine surfaces. Nissan's general recommendation is for SAE 5W-30 engine oils in these vehicles.
The Pennzoil Ultra 5W-30 oil uses the organic friction modifiers and are recommended for Nissan and Infinity vehicles requiring"ester"
motor oil.
Sincerely
Product Technical Service, ah

Originally Posted By: hookshot35
here is the reply from Pennzoil when I asked them about the compatability with the Nissan Ester oil that is recommended for my new Infiniti G37.

Dear Mr. Jeff Hagan;

Thank you for your interest in our products.
It has come to our attention that certain 2009 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles require a special "ester" motor oil. Upon further investigation, Nissan's requirement is for organic, friction-modifiers in the oil to provide lubrication for Diamond-Like Coated (DLC) engine parts. Esters are a class of organic friction modifiers that provide the performance needed to protect these coatings and engine surfaces. Nissan's general recommendation is for SAE 5W-30 engine oils in these vehicles.
The Pennzoil Ultra 5W-30 oil uses the organic friction modifiers and are recommended for Nissan and Infinity vehicles requiring"ester"
motor oil.
Sincerely
Product Technical Service, ah

Thanks for this post and
welcome2.gif
to BITOG

I changed my '06 Corolla S from PP to PU tonight. I wanted to do it this afternoon, but you know how "want" goes. I dragged out the halogen contractor lamp and made all of the neighbors wonder what the [censored] I was doing at 10:00 PM!

I am a "newbie" here but I have used synthetics for a long time.

I have used Amsoil since 1978 in my dirt bikes and autos since 1980. I am a lifetime Amsoil dealer which the company quit offering 15 years ago. Even with dealer pricing, when you add shipping and the mandatory sales tax since I don't have a tax number, it becomes rather pricey. My sales tax in Oklahoma is 8.517%, and Amsoil charges me 10.5%, I can no longer afford to use the product. I have never believed in longer than 10-15K drain intervals other than equipment with large volumes of oil. This makes it even less cost effective in my case. I love many of Amsoil's products, but others have caught up. I know I am speaking blasphemy to the Amsoil faithful, but I have used it longer than the majority of people on this site and I have supported them when folks wouldn't buy a $3 bottle of oil if it were gold plated. I endured the comparisons to Arco's graphite oil and having to argue with a kid who purchased it from me who used way too much Nitrous on a stock motor. He was convinced that the Amsoil failed him, when the secondary electrodes on his spark plugs were non-existent upon inspection.

I am not bad mouthing Amsoil.

PP, PU, M1 and others are just doing what I had always hoped for Amsoil, a great synthetic that I could purchase anywhere without jumping through hoops.

As much as people complain about the present and long for the past, I think these are exciting times in the automotive and lubricant industry.

Sorry for the biography, instead of trying to argue what is best, we should just be grateful we have another quality choice of synthetic.

just my $.02.

Amen Smith!

Now bring on the PU
lol.gif

Will they have PU in 40 weights readily available, or will it be a no-show like the PP Euro weights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back