Pennzoil Ultra 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a VOA of the new Pennzoil Ultra 5W20.
thankyou2.gif
thankyou2.gif
Your
welcome2.gif
lol.gif

E03064.jpg

Wow, that was QUICK!

Nice no sodium, right in the middle for visc and major TBN.
thumbsup2.gif

Surprised they are not marketing this as a extended OCI oil. (except you can NOT blindly go for xx thousands of miles with EVERY engine like other brands marketing state
smirk2.gif
)

It will be interesting to see how it performs.

Thanks for the VOA!
11.gif

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Wow, that was QUICK!

Nice no sodium, right in the middle for visc and major TBN.
thumbsup2.gif

Surprised they are not marketing this as a extended OCI oil. (except you can NOT blindly go for xx thousands of miles with EVERY engine like other brands marketing state
smirk2.gif
)

It will be interesting to see how it performs.

Thanks for the VOA!
11.gif

Bill

Your welcome for the VOA, I figured with all the talk we might as well see what is different about it from Pennzoil Platinum.

It would be nice to know what the base oils,etc are, but that won't happen I suppose. VOA looks promising, I'm excited about trying this oil in the Ranger in a few weeks or so. Dieseltech used it in his wife's F150 and likes it so far.

aaha, so its the boron that gives this oil the extra 35% in cleaning power over PP gotcha! Thanks for posting this
thankyou2.gif

It does not MATTER what the base oil is Mike.

Really it does not. Plenty of engines last a LONG time with any oil.

But this oil can easy cover any recommended oci with no worries.

Take care, Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
It does not MATTER what the base oil is Mike.

Really it does not. Plenty of engines last a LONG time with any oil.

But this oil can easy cover any recommended oci with no worries.

Take care, Bill

Oh, I understand, just curious. I've seen countless cars go MANY miles on Dino oils. I think I will run this oil 7500 per warranty. I know not long, but that's more than i've ever done :)

Originally Posted By: panthermike
It would be nice to know what the base oils,etc are, but that won't happen I suppose.

For this reason and the inability of these garden variety VOAs to detect more exotic ingredients makes these VOAs less useful or revealing than we might think.

nice calcium, boron and strong tbn. Looks like SOPUS wants to play with M1's EP and Amsoil.

MI 5-30 Moly 81 Boron 88 Cal 2120 PHO 621 Zinc 726 TBN 10.5 PU 5-20 Moly 44 Boron 373 Cal 2752 Pho 629 Zinc 700 Tbn 13.o. Not a bad start.
20.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: addyguy
"Knock-knock.....knock-knock"

"Amsoil? there's someone at the door."

yea and a whole lot cheaper!!!!

The only problem with the oil is its volatility-- which is extremely high.

The Amsoil guys are going to make fun of this oil by saying that its volatility is no better than a conventional oil, which is true.

Even Valvoline Synpower has significantly lower volatility than this oil. In the newer Direct Injection platforms, such as the GM 2.4DI and 3.6DI, low volatility is extremely important for reduced deposits.

So, while the detergency may be high, given the high volatility is this still a good oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back