No Mess Duramax Oil Filter removal Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would help the next guy keep soot laden oil off the front driveshaft and his face when removing a duramax filter.

I cut this 1 gallon washer fluid jug making a flap that you wedge up between the filter and the block. Then just spin the filter until it drops into the jug. It catches all the oil as it drains out during removal as well.

DSC06676.jpg

Here's a tip on how to safely transport your 9.5L jug of Rotella. I thought only a BITOG'er would understand.

DSC06675.jpg

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
Just thought I would help the next guy keep soot laden oil off the front driveshaft and his face when removing a duramax filter.

I cut this 1 gallon washer fluid jug making a flap that you wedge up between the filter and the block. Then just spin the filter until it drops into the jug. It catches all the oil as it drains out during removal as well.

DSC06676.jpg

Here's a tip on how to safely transport your 9.5L jug of Rotella. I thought only a BITOG'er would understand.

DSC06675.jpg

wheres the baby,,lol

Well, I would say that is pretty smart of Shell for all you Duramax owners. I sent that picture to a friend of mine at Shell that puts together safety slides for presentations at training and safety meetings. I titled the picture "The Shell Safety Seat". Hope you don't mind.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

DSC06676.jpg

DSC06675.jpg

wheres the baby,,lol

I had to strap her to the fender, just to make sure I wouldn't risk damage to the HDEO. Just kidding, she wasn't with me. Since you asked, here's a few pics from a proud dad.

SarahonSwingJune09.jpg

SarahatShuswap.jpg

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well, I would say that is pretty smart of Shell for all you Duramax owners. I sent that picture to a friend of mine at Shell that puts together safety slides for presentations at training and safety meetings. I titled the picture "The Shell Safety Seat". Hope you don't mind.

No problem Bill. We can't be too careful when transporting additions to our Stash.

Just for fun, you should get a picture of your rotella strapped in and your little girl standing on the front seat. Thats how i used to ride with my daddy back in the early eighties when he worked in the woods. lol, very nice post.

Who's Bill?
grin2.gif

I bet it's a good thing that cutie looks like her mother.
grin2.gif

Whoops, got our veterans mixed up for a minute. Was referring to Bill_in_Utah. As far as her mom's looks, it's not the first time I've heard that comment!

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

DSC06676.jpg

DSC06675.jpg

wheres the baby,,lol

I had to strap her to the fender, just to make sure I wouldn't risk damage to the HDEO. Just kidding, she wasn't with me. Since you asked, here's a few pics from a proud dad.

SarahonSwingJune09.jpg

SarahatShuswap.jpg

Great idea Jim!

ON my car (96 VW Golf GL) it is too tight a fit to use a rigid container so I use a heavy duty Zip Loc bag!

No warm dirty oil on me or my car underside.

That pic of your kid made me smile, and I don't smile all that much....nice to see some good natured human beings are still around!
08.gif

Thanks for the info Jim. I love the car seat method, but I've never seen a 9.5L jug of Rotella. Must be one of those Canadian things.

They are in central Illinois at all farm stores and some Wal-Marts have them if they are in a small farming/ag community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back