96 Lincoln Mark viii Coolant Temperature Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can anyone tell me where the Coolant Temperature Sensor for the instrument cluster is located at on a 96 Lincoln Mark viii?

I believe that is the sensor for the computer. I am looking for the sensor for the gauge in the instrument cluster.

On the coolant crossover on the front of the motor over the alternator, it is the sensor located on the drivers side of the engine bay. The sensor located on the passengers side is for the PCM.

On Ford's numbering system, a 10884 would be a coolant temp sensor for the cluster and the one for the PCM is a 12A648.

I thought separate sensor and sender was strictly OBDI. Everyone else appeared to go to the single deal and integrating that data for the indicators.

I don't have your exact answer - sorry.
But there may be a sensor for the coolant to the computer, and another separate one for the gauge. This is normal Ford procedure.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
I don't have your exact answer - sorry.
But there may be a sensor for the coolant to the computer, and another separate one for the gauge. This is normal Ford procedure.

that is how this engine is. I think they finally got away from that. On the older cars with a digidash they used the same sensor iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back