How to replace air filter on 2005 Accord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to replace the air filter on my 2005 4 cylinder Honda Accord, however, I am having difficulties removing the lid on the air box to get access to the filter.

There are 4 screws locking the lid and taking out the screws is not a problem, but with the hose still attached, it seems still too tight to get the lid off.

Has anyone here done the job on this particular vehicle? Any advice is much appreciated!

Last edited:
It was not a lot of fun on mine, same year and engine. IIRC the hose had to come off and the electrical lead(s) for the MAF sensor. It was still a exercise in patience and required several French words, but it eventually went. A x-tra set of hands would be helpful.

It is humanly possible to replace the filter element without removing the hose. But, after doing it both ways I prefer to remove the hose. I could never get the lid back on the airbox correctly unless the hose is off.

I open these things all the time at work (VIOC) and have never had to remove the hose. I just remove the four screws and push the top of the housing towards the motor while pulling up, takes a little effort but the air filter can be removed and reinstalled in about 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back