What is a Wix Sport Truck filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of it. Ac Delco compares itself against that model, but Wix only list regular Wix and Wix Racing filters online. Purolator, in their marketing, compares themselves against a Wix Sport Truck too.

[ December 03, 2003, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Roger ]

I believe Amsoil compares against that WIX filter as well. The WIX website doesn't list this filter, at least not that I can find. The website does however indicate that they've improved their oil filter lineup ... thus I believe the comparisions made by competing filter manufacturers is not relevant.

I got a great deal at my local NAPA dealer on the Sport Truck Wix filters in the Ford part number 51515ST.Bought out his stock of eleven filters after I put one on my Jeep 4.0L and liked the cold start and flow parameters according to my dashboard gauge(which is not all that accurate,but thats what I go by).On the side of the filter box the claims are as follows 1.High performance "TuffGlass" media 2.Metal end caps for strength 3.Perforated spiral steel center tube for the highest collapse strength in the business 4.Magnetic coiled retainer spring 5.Silicone sealing gasket and anti drainback valve 6.Precision-engineered by-pass valve (bottom Ford spec type)It does look pretty cool when I cut one open,has to do it...I'm sick...they seem to be a very good quality filter in my opinion.Filtration claims on the box are 99.6% on the single pass,don't list for the multiple pass and they give the capacity of contaminant and weighed average also as compared to Purolater,A.C Delco,Fram,Quaker State.I like em'..got them for $6.50 apiece Can.

Those were discontinued quite a few years ago. As I recall, they were a very well made premium grade filter.

6 year time warp in this thread ... to bad those WIX Sport Truck filters aren't made anymore, as they did sound pretty nice.

Originally Posted By: wgtoys
Those were discontinued quite a few years ago. As I recall, they were a very well made premium grade filter.

That is what I figured. I always find it funny seeing a graph with a filter that has been discontinued for years, shows how old the graph is and out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back