Michelin Destiny/Harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put a set of Destinies on my dad's 1999 Olds 88.

These things are unstoppable in snow and they ride amazing. We just had that big blizzard everyone else seems to have experienced. These Michelins took it without one issue. I could get going from a standstill in front of my parents house - a steep hill - in foot deep snow drifts, and now that the same spot is a giant ice patch, I can still get going from a dead stop on the ice. Pretty amazing for an all season tire.

They come with 11/32 of tread brand new so they don't have to resort to quite as hard of a tread compound for an 80,000 mile tire.

The downside is the steering is quite squirmy and not as responsive. I'm guessing that such a deep, highly siped tread style cause this, and I've experience it with other similar designed tires. Once you get to around 5/32 and much f the siping has worn through, it makes for a better performing tire on dry pavement, but ride quality and rain/snow performance falls off.

I'd highly recommend these tires for someone who doesn't want to bother with snow tires or doesn't need snow tires, but experiences light to moderate winter conditions a few times a year.

I've had these (Harmony) on my accord for about a year and a half now and I'm just as happy with them as you are.
55.gif

Michelin generally meets my main requirments, round, black, hold air and thus protect the rims. I've run them for 20+ years and currently have Primacy MXV4 on my ride. I was in the mountain of Colo during the first snow in late Sept and they were exceptional in the ice and snow.
Yes you pay more but you get sooo much more.
Smoky

Michelin Harmony is the only tire that lasted more than 40k miles on my 1994 LS400, all other tires down to wear bar in less than 25-30k miles. It's quiet and good handling/performance for sedan type cars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The X-radial looks similar, but it's different from what I can tell. Still an 80,000 mile tire, but it has 10/32 tread.

Ahhh....makes sense.

It's based on the same carcass. The Destiny, Harmony, X Radial, and WeatherWise II are all the same tire. The differences are in the tread pattern. Interestingly, the Destiny and Harmony appear to come with 11/32" of tread new, while the X Radial (Sam's Club) and WeatherWise II (Sears) come with 10/32" of tread. I've run both the WeatherWise II and X Radial and was completely satisfied with both. They're the best set of all season tires I've ever run. I've got the X Radials on the minivan right now, and will have them on the Corolla the next time it needs tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back